Vertex Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Temporary Associate Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR followed by an in-person. The in-person was 2.5 hours long, split into 30 minute intervals with 1 or 2 people in each segment. They validated my parking in their parking garage. The interviewers were nice and pleasant to speak with. The overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you handled someone who was upset.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in May 2017.

Interview

Received an invitation for a phone interview, which I schedule for the following week. Interview took about 15min and was told the next step would be an onsite interview. After no further word for two weeks, I inquired about the position and was told another candidate was selected for the position.

Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had an phone interview with the HR a week after I applied. The interview lasted 30 min and in the end of the interview I as asked to send them a friendly reminder to arrange an a phone interview with the hiring manager. Its been a week and I havent heard from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter setup a phone call with manager for 30minutes. It went well and I was called for an onsite interview which went for 4 hours. No reply for a week even after writing a thank you email and asking them to let me know the feedback. After a week, I inquired again to which they told me they got a positive feedback and would need to go through another round. It's been almost 2 months and no updates and no replies to my email. I finally gave up. I found this extremely unprofessional and waste of time.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with a few different managers/directors who all mentioned that there is alot of pressure to perform. They asked a variety of questions about my previous work experience. It seems there is high turnover/restructuring recently. The internal recruiter did not call back which is extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you problem/challenge and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in February 2017.

Interview

A few weeks after I had applied, I received an email that I was selected for an interview. 30 minute phone conversation with the manager, a week later I was told I had the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, after more than 2 month later, had a chance to speak with mangers/team member. Interview was a joke. I was I will speak with one person than it change to another person then at the interview time both came. It was to understand one person. They did not ask me anything remotely related to job description. Got the impression that they already rejected me and I was wasting my time and energy trying to learn about the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a phone screening 2 days after my friend referred me. 30 minutes phone screening with a director and team member, simply went through my resume and introduced their team. got an onsite a week later. 10 interviews in a day, 1 on 1 interview, half hour each. Not a typical data scientist interview. they cares more about the candidate's personality rather focus to much on coding i'd say.
    people in their group are super nice but the majority are senior level ( average age are 35-40?)

for this role, majorly work on data visualization.
    overall, good experience.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in January 2017.

Interview

Briefly spoke with a HR rep who asked sbout my qualifications and interest in the company. She then set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Interview with the hiring manager a few days later. The manager seemed interested in my work and asked reasonable questions. Was then told at the end of the interview that I would hear back from the HR rep of the next steps in the process.

It has been a month and no word from hr rep after I emailed them 3 times. If I wasn't offerred a position I would have appreciate an email stating that. Very unprofessional.

Start Up Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in January 2017.

Interview

Screening HR interview followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Final step was an in-person interview with several people within the department. I met with a total of 6 people for 30 minutes each.