Vertex Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Refereed by an employee. Got a call after 1 week. The interviewer asked about the basic stuff. Behavioral questions and previous experience. It went 20 - 30 min. The have also asked about the accomplishment that I have mentioned on my resume.

Postdoctoral Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

I received an email to schedule a phone interview by the hiring manager (PI) very quickly after applying for the position. The phone interview was prompt, informal, and took about 30 mins. The PI is very nice, extremely laid back and enjoyable to talk to. Then I was scheduled for an onsite interview and met with 3 people for about 3 hours total including a 45 mins presentation. Everyone I talked to include the VP are extremely nice, intelligent, and friendly people. Then followed by an enjoyable lunch.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job and what do you hope to accomplish in 5 years.   Answer Question

Salary is too low.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was low key, probably due to the size of the site. People were curious and personable, most were a pleasure to talk with. The site had a good "vibe" and people seemed to enjoy working there. Communication after the interview has been severely lacking, despite offers to answer questions regarding the position/company.