Vertex Pharmaceuticals Senior Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Senior Scientist Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by recruiter who was very professional and easy to talk to. Two weeks later, I received call from the hiring manager who was very rude and impatient. First of all he called me late than the defined time. He was not speaking very clearly and was not willing to listen what I did and how I did. He asked me one question and than before I complete my answer he jumped to some arbitrary question. After that question he said he has no more questions. It was weirdest interview I have ever gave.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Vertex Pharmaceuticals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

Online resume submission followed by HR email and 20min phone interview. Then phone interviewed by the hiring manager for 30min. Arranged 1-day on-site interview with presentation. had dinner with the hiring manager. Evrything seemd went OK.
    I have to say that the arrangement (lodging, meals, travel, etc) for the interview was quite well. Most interviewers are nice. I rate my expereince 'very positive' till the end of the interview day. However, after that, neither the HR nor the hiring manager returned my email or contacted me regarding the results. I was reminded to followed up with the HR after 2-4 weeks after the interview by a director during the interview. But when I politely asked for updates (after 4 weeks), NO RESPONSE! They should let the candidate know their results, even the answer is no. This makes me feel not being respected. and leaves me with bad feelings, and I rate them as 'negative'.

Interview Questions

• An unexpected scientific question at presentation, which I didn't address quite well.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in January 2012.

Interview

Received a phone screen from the HR after submitted the CV. It was the typical phone screen process: why us; how did you know this position; what's your expectation; any concerns. The screen also went through the CV and asked a few questions about the skill sets and ended with a summary of their typical hiring procedure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (San Diego, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was low key, probably due to the size of the site. People were curious and personable, most were a pleasure to talk with. The site had a good "vibe" and people seemed to enjoy working there. Communication after the interview has been severely lacking, despite offers to answer questions regarding the position/company.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Submit the CV online, then got two phone calls with the HR and 1 with the hiring manager. Everything really quick. I got a call one week later that the position was on hold. I asked update through email to the HR one month later and got an automatic reply saying that i was not considered anymore for the position. Really unprofessional