Veson Nautical Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Veson Nautical Quality Assurance Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Veson Nautical

1 Interview Review

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veson Nautical (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Got the application through my College's recruitment database. Got a relatively quick phone interview of around 1 hr. It was a combination of a fit and a technical interview. Basically, they wanted to know if I had done testing in the past, and how I went about testing. A very common theme was being able to explain concepts that I learned about to an outside person.

Got a final round at the office. I met with 3 people (4 actually). The first was the person I talked on the phone with. I worked with one of their solutions. Looked for bugs (I suspect it was an earlier build) and wrote a bug report. Had to explain another process/concept that I learned.

The second was another member of the QA group. Ran through a scenario for testing. Talk a bit more about testing and debugging.

The third was with the CEO, didn't do so hot at this part. Got another fix interview and was asked to pseudocode a Matrix rotated 90 degrees clockwise. Had to rely on a hint to get the answer right, but I feel he let it go because I was a QA rather than a Software Development.

The last was with HR, which was a general fit interview, once again. Had the opportunity for questions.

I heard back a week later with an offer. Super excited to work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you rotate a matrix 90 degrees clockwise in place.?   1 Answer
  • How would you test a text editor   2 Answers
  • Explain a concept you learned recent to me in 2 minutes   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really a negotiation process. But I didn't really expect one. I had heard back from a few other companies, but I was not really eager to accept their offers. In addition, the offer I got was actually extremely competitive.