Veson Nautical Software Development Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Veson Nautical Software Development Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Veson Nautical

3.5

Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veson Nautical (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had a very pleasant experience at the career fair. They treated me with respect, listened well, and recognized my Eagle Scout rank.

A few days after the career fair I received an email from Human Resources asking to schedule a technical phone interview.

I then met with a software developer manager over the phone and answered some object-oriented concept questions, data structure questions, and also talked about my experience and my projects. I also connected to the website sync.in, a collaborative notepad tool, where I was asked to code a function to shift letters over in a string, in a language of my choice.

A few days after this first phone interview I received the good news that I had passed it and proceeded to a second phone interview. It was much like the first, and involved some design questions and two programming questions. Both were in C++, one being to reverse a string and the other being to find the second largest integer in an array of integers.

Having done pretty well in both phone screens, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. Veson paid for a round trip flight to Boston, and a hotel stay at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel, a very nice place.

The day of the in person interview, I went to the headquarters at 500 Boylston Street. It was in a beautiful, large building with ornate fountains and marble columns out front. The Veson offices on the fourth floor were very modern, well-stocked and a great environment to work in.

That day, I interviewed with four people. The first was a member of the Quality Assurance department. I aced that interview, which involved talking through my resume, how I would test certain functions and going through some of my projects.

I then met with a Human Resources Representative to talk through some behavior-based and typical HR questions.

Next came the first of two technical interviews. I was asked to talk about some of my projects, then code a solution, in C++, to a problem involving the removal of spaces from a character array. Having done so, I proceeded to solve a brain teaser involving two robots and a flag on an infinite line of integers. I felt that this interview went pretty well.

The final interview, and also what I believe prevented me from getting an offer, was technical in nature and we started into the problem immediately. I was asked to write an integer-to-string function, and in hindsight it was not very difficult and should not have taken me so long, but for one reason or another I stumbled here and took a while to solve it. While I did eventually get it, it was only after quite a bit of hints and it took way too long.

I was sent home and told I would hear back in the coming days. I heard back a few days later and it was unfortunately a no. I regret my poor performance in that one interview and feel that it was within my grasp, but what's done is done. Hopefully you will have better luck than me! Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Write an integer-to-string function in C++.   1 Answer
  • Given two robots on an infinite line of integers, with a flag guaranteed to be between them, write a behavior for both robots to follow which will guarantee them to eventually meet. The robots can only "see" the position they are standing on, and can't remember anything. Also note that they can't tell if they are the leftmost or rightmost robot. They can tell if they are on the flag or the other robot. They may move right, move left, or wait.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Veson Nautical

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Veson Nautical (Boston, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online for a software intern position. The first round was telephonic ,was asked about my academic projects ,basic question in C++ ,data structures and a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

• describe different data structures and its complexities .   Answer Question
    • difference between abstract class and interface   1 Answer