Veterans Benefits Administration Veteran Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Veterans Benefits Administration

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Did a phone interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. There were two personnel who called to cinduct the interview. You have to be prepared and ready to answer scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle shifting priorities and tell us about a time you had to do so?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Veterans Benefits Administration

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two coaches who are consider supervisors for their departments. They both ask questions and about problem solving and conflict resolution. The interview happen in the department where I would be working if I got hired. After the questions I had to do writing sample answering one of three question, which took about 20 minutes to complete. After that I received tour of the office area and was escorted out of the building. The whole process took about 2 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about difficult situation and how solve the problem?   Answer Question

I decline due to loss of pay due lower pay band than I currently have.

Veteran Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for position on USAJOBS.GOV. Took 1 1/2 months before I was contacted by phone for a face to face interview. I was asked five performance based interview questions. The interview was conducted very professionally. I felt at ease the entire time.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve workplace conflict?   1 Answer
    • What project have you implemented on the job that lead to a more efficient process? How did you communicate the information to your supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Name a project that required the use of Excel. What functions in Excel did you use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief and basic. After being asked a few questions by two interviewers, I was given a question sheet and small packet with guidelines needed to respond. Very easy. However, I have been told of several changes so my info may be outdated.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to look into policies and procedures to complete one or more tasks.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was satisfied with what was offered so there was no need to negotiate.

Veterans Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Oakland, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers who asked five questions. Each question was about situational experience. The first question was about making a critical decision at work. Another question was about managing quality work and speed. Another question was about dealing with a difficult client.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a to make a critical decision in your work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

There were 2 supervisors who asked 4 multi-part questions that were behavioral based questions. The two supervisors were respectful and gave a good description of the position and how the interview process works. The explained that they would be writing comments as I answered questions so they apologized in advance if they did not make consistent eye contact. The overall process was very relaxed and comfortable.

At the end of the interview, I was instructed to complete a 45 minute question prompt that would be emailed to me. As soon as I opened that email, the timer would start for the assessment. It is important to review the attachment and ensure it is filled out properly.

The only complaint I would have is the lack of direction of where I was actually suppose to go. There were no signs and all the doors required key cards or codes to enter them. I had to ask a staff member for assistance on where I had to be and they escorted me to the front desk.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had to make a difficult decision. What was the decision, what happened, and the results of that decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Helena, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Veterans Benefits Administration (Helena, MT) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview and hiring process is fairly simple, if you are a minority or have a veteran preference they will fast track your application. They then check your references and education. After verification they schedule two interviews, if you pass the interviews by being respectful

Interview Questions

• A veteran is upset because he feels that his rating was not high enough for the injury that he received while he was in service. Without adjusting his rating, how do you resolve the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.