Veterans United Home Loans Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Veterans United Home Loans Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Veterans United Home Loans

2.1

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was great! It was very relaxed and I actually enjoyed it rather than being nervous. It took a while to get a phone interview but after the phone interview it took one week to schedule one with VU in town.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Veterans United Home Loans

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbia, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Very casual. They want to get to know who YOU are. They are hiring a person, not a resume. Be yourself, be positive and be honest. Know the values before you interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at VU?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbia, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got email to set up phone interview. Then they sent over a couple of quizzes to complete before the interview. IQ type of test and a typing test. Phone interview was supposed to be 30 mins, but lasted about 15. Got an email the next day to set up an in-person interview. Interview was scheduled to take an hour, but I was out in 20. Received a phone call the next day with an offer. Pretty basic questions, asked about my resume and how I manage time and using multiple databases and the same time. The whole process took 2 weeks, only because they were interviewing so many people that I had to schedule both interviews a week out. But they were very prompt at making decisions and getting back to me!

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be on time & good or late & perfect?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you purposefully made yourself uncomfortable & did you learn anything from it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in September 2015.

Interview

The questions they asked were very much what I expected. Nothing too off base, but they really care about how you'll fit in with the company and their values. I applied online, got sent a survey/personality/skills/IQ test, then got an email scheduling a call, then was scheduled for an in person interview. Several days after the in-person interview I got an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a co-worker doing something that really annoyed you, like tapping their nails on the desk next to you?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do in your free time? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer met my expectations and I did not need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbia, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. They were very welcoming and personalized a message on the message board. Everyone was very friendly. The interview was more of a check to see if you would be a good fit for their values and the culture of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbia, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

The initial application process was very streamlined and straightforward. I typically received a response from VU with a day of completing each step.

I participated in two interviews: one by phone, and one in person. The interviews were my first real glimpse at what VU employees were really like, and I was impressed. Both interviews were very relaxed, and the HR folks really did an outstanding job of making sure I was well-informed, and all of my questions were answered. I didn't receive any "canned answers", and they were honest when it came to tough questions.

First impressions mean so much, and I'm very optimistic about my future with VU, thanks in no small part to Kellie F. and Larissa W.!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was presented with an offer, and given several days to respond to it. The offer exceeded my expectations, so no negotiation was necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbia, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Process was smooth. Apply online and then are able to track where you are in the process using Jobvite. Phone interview was maybe 20-30 minutes and was a little difficult but nothing to ride home about. In person interview was scheduled a week later. Casual environment and great questions. Be prepared to provide examples and be confident. Note: Just because they are a relaxed environment, doesn't mean you don't dress to impress. HR was more than courteous.

Received the offer a few days after the interview and it was reasonable with the position. I had some unexpected life changes between the interview and the offer that made the offer not work out for me at the time. HR was very understanding and even tried to help out with that. Hope that down the road the opportunity arises again to potentially work together.

Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you and a colleague did not get along and how you rectified the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Lenexa, KS).

Interview

I had a one on one with a HR Recruiter that lasted 30 mins total. Very informal and easy. I was in a suit, she in yoga pants but thats their style. A week later I went back in for a panel interview with two dept managers. Again, short and informal. I was notified within 2 days I was getting the position.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in May 2008.

Interview

Very easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate