ViXS Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Hardware Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViXS.

Interview

one person interview with the director followed by a series of interviews all in one day (2 hours). Some of the interviewers were quite friendly and professional but the position I applied for had 2 supervisors who both where obviously afraid that I'm gonna take their position in the future. Very unprofessional coward people. Imagine the guy described a task for this position and when I said I know all about this task he suddenly changed his word and said that this task actually is for another team!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• general questions regarding the job description and my resume.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ViXS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

phone, telephone, talk, face-to-face, on-site, microphone, talking, work, test, software, hardware, interview, study, chat, agree, IEEE, standard, testing, designer, it needs 30 more words, sentences, keep talking and go on.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ViXS.

Interview

Internal referral to team director. Onsite directly for 1st interview. Just ask basic technical programming questions. 1-1 interviewing in a meeting room. Not related to the specific field questions like MPEG2 standard, driver experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• 1. count '1' bits in an integer, 2, singleton's definition, 3. read data information from a file organized as a certain format   Answer Question

Interview

introduced through friend and submitted the resume and came to the office for interviw

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ViXS.

Interview

Manager interview followed with a skill test

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ViXS (Markham, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

1 on 1 with the engineering lead. 50% behavior question and 50% technical questions. the whole process took about 1 hour and been told can expect an offer in about 1 week time

Interview Questions

• what is the most challenging project you have ever done   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ViXS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

After applying online, got a email a few days later from a manager which led to an interview the following week.

Brush up on optimized memory copy routines, linked lists and C syntax.

Generally a very negative atmosphere. No attempt to sell you on the company: why you should work there, how good the work environment is etc. That any questions concerning the company were extremely vague.

Interview Questions

• A series of questions where one was to write out routines for building a doubly linked list.   1 Answer
    • An array of integers was shown. One was to do arithmetic operations on this array in an optmized fashion.   1 Answer

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ViXS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

interviewed with several people in a row, and had a quiz on basic coding (1 hour).

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ViXS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

1. HR (or the team manager or director) will call you to make an interview appointment and talk about your basic information briefly.
    2. Team manager or directory will give you an interview.
    3. Upper management person may come to talk with you during the interview.
    4. Reference check and give you an offer.

Interview Questions

• As a software engineer position, a C-test is the most difficult part for most of the interviewers.   1 Answer