Via Transportation Principal Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Via Transportation

4.0

Principal Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Via Transportation (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with one of the data scientists. Half background, half technical questions. After that I received a data challenge to work on, and had a week to complete it. It was pretty challenging but quite interesting - seemed like something they work on regularly. I came to the Via office for a day of interviews with people from the data science team and non-technical people from other teams. They asked tough but fair questions, and dug fairly deeply into some of the answers. One of the interviewers asked me more questions about my data challenge answers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Via Transportation

Principal Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Via Transportation (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen which went well with a leader of the team. After that I was given a week to do a very involved open-ended case study with multiple parts and a presentation.

About a week after sending that in I was told they wouldn't be moving ahead with my application and that their policy is not to give feedback. I pressed a bit about feedback, noting that it was a fairly heavy lift and I'd at least like to understand what was wrong for my own development purposes. Again, I was told that they don't give feedback.

It's too bad that this ended as such a negative experience because I have only good things to say about the recruiter and the leader that I worked with. However, given the company policy to ignore discarded applicants after a huge investment, I can't recommend interviewing here. I can only imagine how poorly they must treat their employees.

Interview Questions