ViaSat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ViaSat (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Had 45 minute phone call with questions testing knowledge on Python, SQL, Network communication and behavioral questions. The interview was stressed more on my previous experience, projects and my knowledge in the field .

Interview Questions

• All questions were on concepts of the above mentioned technologies.   Answer Question

RF Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ViaSat.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter and HR person at an on-campus career fair, and was scheduled for a phone interview at the career fair. The phone interview took place the same week and was roughly an hour long. The interviewer was nice enough but the questions were phrased in weird ways, which took me a bit off guard.

Interview Questions

• a few questions on frequency mixers, RLC filter, asked about previous projects   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViaSat (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and talked to a recruiter a week later. She set up a conference call with 2 product owners and 1 scrum master. It was a 30 min. call with 2 PO's asking questions, the scrum master was in his car and dropped off. He never had a chance to ask a question. The main interviewer was a complete jerk, kept interrupting me, was condescending, and did not understand Scrum is a subset of Agile methodologies. No way would I want to work with this guy! Interview was average if you could decipher what they we asking with the lack of their experience.

Interview Questions

• What does a scrum master mean to you?
      What is your interaction to the product owner?
      What makes you want to come to work in the morning?
      How do you influence others?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ViaSat (College Station, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After a referral, I had a phone interview with an engineer from Viasat who asked about my background and some general questions. I later had a panel interview with 2 engineers and a manager that asked general questions and was light on technical questions that I failed.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you engineered this previous project   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViaSat in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the new grad and a recruiter got back to me after 3 months. First round was a 60 minute technical phone interview. Started with a few questions based on my projects. Rest of the questions were bases on multi-threading, concurrency and deadlocks. There were no coding questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a deadlock, how to prevent it?
      Scheduling algorithms
      Answer Question

Desktop Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViaSat (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1st Interview with a recruiter over the phone. 2nd with the hiring manager over the phone. 3rd interview was on site with a panel of people in the department including people that were seated in the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• An assortment of technical questions related to the job duties   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ViaSat.

Interview

a straightforward interview process. You first tell them about what is on your resume, then you describe the projects that you worked on. Afterwards, you proceed to answer two technical questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about your experiences and some data structure questions   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ViaSat (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied at a career fair. There should be two consecutive phone interviews, but the first interviewer forgot to call me. Although they said they would arrange another one for me, they never got back to me afterwards.

Interview Questions

• They asked about your experiences. Some java knowledge including interfaces and classes. They asked some sql knowledge and a basic algorithm problem using stack.   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ViaSat (Tempe, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

About two weeks after applying I received an email from a recruiter for the stage one screening. That went well and I met by phone with the hiring manager. I though that went well. Monday morning came and I received a generic "we're not choosing you" email. I asked for some feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with employee relations?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ViaSat (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A straightforward interview process. Contacted via e-mail to schedule initial phone interview with Technical Recruiter. Initial Phone Interview was 45 minutes discussing the position and speaking to the strengths on my resume in detail. Recruiter recommended me for follow-up and instead of the requisite Technical Phone Interview, fast-tracked me direct to an on-site the following week. Checked-in at the lobby and spent 4.5 hours in a conference room with 6 individual interviewers. Some spoke about position, culture, and my resume others were more technical testing software data structures and algorithms on the whiteboard. Overall great experience.