ViaSat Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.7

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ViaSat in September 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral/technical interview. Asked some typical behavioral questions. Also asked about some basic Java things. I am still waiting back to hear if I will be getting an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ViaSat

Application

Interview

This is an on campus interview. I submit the resume in the career fair and get the on campus interview in the next few days. I have a good conversion with the interviewers, but i did not get any response nearly one month. Waste of time.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ViaSat (Amherst, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Fairly Simple, selected from Campus Recruitment. Spoke to the representative at the career fair, they were interested in me since I was a junior now and offered me an interview for the very next day.

Interview Questions

• How to get the duplicate elements from a list of numbers   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViaSat in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the new grad and a recruiter got back to me after 3 months. First round was a 60 minute technical phone interview. Started with a few questions based on my projects. Rest of the questions were bases on multi-threading, concurrency and deadlocks. There were no coding questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a deadlock, how to prevent it?
      Scheduling algorithms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ViaSat (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied at a career fair. There should be two consecutive phone interviews, but the first interviewer forgot to call me. Although they said they would arrange another one for me, they never got back to me afterwards.

Interview Questions

• They asked about your experiences. Some java knowledge including interfaces and classes. They asked some sql knowledge and a basic algorithm problem using stack.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ViaSat (Germantown, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process started at college with a couple of technical rounds and I was then invited to interview onsite. One thing I'd like to point out was the people that interviewed me. They were professional and extremely accommodating. They made me feel comfortable throughout the process and that allowed me to get into a comfort zone. This definitely enabled me to look at the interview as a discussion rather than an exam.

They were very appreciative of my own growth and explained how the company would benefit with me and vice versa. And finally, the people who interviewed me on campus, spoke to me after the interview and gave me actual feedback on where I could improve.

These factors weighed heavily. Having worked before, I know the value of feeling comfortable with the people you work with and feeling like you belong. I chose viasat over better offers due to this.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on string sorting, a few networking questions, OS questions and the rest was on projects implemented and how they were achieved.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ViaSat (Troy, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Gave my resume to a recruiter at an on campus career fair, spoke briefly about some of my experience, and was scheduled an on campus interview on the spot. The interview consisted of some basic personality questions, followed by some questions about what was on my resume. A lot of time was just spent talking about some of the projects I've worked on at school. The second half of the interview was basic technical questions. I was asked what my strongest programming language was, and all of the questions were for that language. I got an offer two weeks later, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ViaSat (Denver, CO).

Interview

First I had an interview about my interest in the company and my familiarity with company tools. Then I had a group interview where multiple people spoke to me on the phone. Then I was invited to Colorado to engage in a behavior-focused assessment of my abilities.

Interview Questions

• What would happen if we suddenly added another step to the network connection process?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ViaSat (New York, NY).

Interview

got the interview from campus career fair. I interviewed on campus. Interviewer was super nice. I solved couple of problems with follow up questions on a piece of paper.

Interview Questions

• given two sorted linked lists. merge and sort both linked lists.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cal Poly SLO, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ViaSat (Cal Poly SLO, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Went over my resume, talked about past projects and my involvement. But was mostly technical questions. The interviewer was very helpful though during the questions I got stuck on, very kind about it. It's important to vocalize what you're thinking/doing, they want to converse with you as you answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Design a op-am with unity gain of 10. Then create it to be a high pass filter. (I am a computer engineering major so this was to test my hardware side)   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a pointer and an array? (in C)   Answer Question
    • What will happen at compile time if you create an array of size 3 and add 5 items to it? (in C)   Answer Question
    • Write a program that that takes in a char, and prints out that char with the bits reversed. (in C)   Answer Question