ViaWest Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ViaWest Interview Questions

2.9

Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ViaWest (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

First you have phone screening. Next you have a face to face interview with the supervisor. Last you have a Interview with HR and the Regional manager which takes about 10-15 minutes.

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViaWest (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Getting to the interview process took some time, but once I was able to sit down and speak with the recruiter it went quickly. I spoke with three people total and I was impressed by the questions that they asked me.

Accounts Payable General Ledger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ViaWest (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interviw, in person with manager, team member, and director. Currently awaiting background check and references to be completed by third party. The process is moving pretty quickly. Human resources stays in contact, are very positive, and helpful.

Associate Data Center Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ViaWest (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

15 minutes of promising pay raises after 9 months. Great learning opportunity and benefits. They try to hard to get you into the position they want you in. It really embarrassing for a company to do this to a applicant. They also offer on board training on equipment you will never use....

Interview Questions

• What would you do if work slowed down, or you are on night shift and have some free time.   1 Answer
    • Are you ok with being paid $13.61 for 9 months   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just walk way, stay far away from this place.

Technical Support Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ViaWest (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

At ViaWest, they like to do panel interviews, the first ones are pretty intimidating, but once you are used to this interviews, they are pretty easy.
    Normally they try to play the good cop bad cop game, if you caught this fast enough, they don't have a game, and you can answer with your best knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in a 24 hour by 7?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation, it was internal.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ViaWest (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Had two interviews. Each consisting of several technical questions with 2 managers and at least 1 competent employee. You will go into a conference room and be asked several technical scenario questions. Be sure to brush up on networking, computer hardware, and if you know Linux its a huge help.

DCCS Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ViaWest (Chaska, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

Online application and two interviews before a conditional offer based on a background check and then there was a firm offer of employment offered by telephone which final pay rate and shift information was revealed if you verbally agreed then the offer was actually sent by email and then had to be physically signed and either faxed or scanned and emailed back

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that people assume about you that is not true?   1 Answer

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ViaWest (Denver, CO) in March 2008.

Interview

My hiring and interview process was good up till a point then I had two managers arguing in the interview with one another. I have an interview with a VP and he asked me to sell him a pen. FYI, they are all about TEAM. Most of the TEAM is Type A people. If you are type A and fit into good old boys network then this is a company for you.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ViaWest in June 2011.

Interview

Getting hired was pretty simple. It just took a while after my drug test i submitted all my background info with the application. About 3 weeks later I got a call and I sent in my resume to Human Resources. I also sent in references and an extensive work history. As I haven't worked many places it was pretty simple. I had a phone interview which went well. The panel interview was pretty hard. They ask those kind of impossible no right answer kind of questions and they try to get you to doubt yourself. The last 2 interviews were technical and personality. Then I met with a manager. The process then sent me to an HR email where my offer was sent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to ask about negotiating but they basically said this is not that kind of market so if you choose not to sign, that is entirely your own choice.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ViaWest in October 2010.

Interview

The process was a bit slow. It took a while to get the initial interview set up. Then after the initial interview, I waited a couple weeks for the second interview. The second interview was a video conference with the director of the department. So the interview process was kind of drawn out, but after all of the interviews were done, it didn't take too long to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate on salary or any sort of signing bonus, but was able to negotiate on training, certifications, and working remotely.