Viacom Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viacom Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

There was a two step interview process. After applying online the recruiter called and scheduled a phone interview. There was the phone interview with the recruiter then after that I was scheduled to have an interview with the department I would be working with. I met with two people in the department and discussed my resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Viacom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple process. Be sure to keep checking their website so you can apply as soon as the new internships get posted. After applying you will get connected with a college relations advisor who will ask you to fill out a Viacom questionnaire form. The form asks you to select three companies owned by Viacom that you would like to interview with. Based on the company's needs, the college relations advisor will pass along your resume to their companies internship coordinators. I specifically asked for Nick Jr, Nickelodeon, or Nicktoons. I received interviews with different departments within Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon. The greatest thing about Viacom is that they don't stop trying to help you find an internship within their company! They have amazing college relation advisors!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Casual and short (10-15 minutes). HR asked you basic questions and forward your application to the department they think you are most suitable for. I applied for the Spring 2017 general internship and the HR asked me to send her working samples.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and I was contacted by the HR Manager who directed me the the hiring manager. There after I mailed the manager to set up an appointment for the interview round. I was interviewed by two people at their office at Times Square New York. They were nice and warm.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give a brief intro about myself. Most of the questions were from my resume. Some others were like your liking of entertainment industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by someone from the Campus Relations department in HR. I was given contact information for hiring manager from 3 different departments. I set up interviews with each. One department contacted me back within a day or two and said they were no longer able to have interns this semester. The HR contact contacted me to tell me that as well. Within another week or so I heard back from the HR contact saying one department moved forward with another candidate, but the other department offered me the position. After I accepted I was sent a welcome email with more detailed information and given options for an Orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Walk us through your work (graphic design position)
      What type of work are you interested in?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viacom in April 2016.

Interview

I applied some time in January of December then heard back in late March. I have a hiring manager for the department I was selected for. We did a skype interview for about twenty to thirty minutes early in the week they selected and I heard back from them by that Friday. The interview was average and easy to prepare for. I got to select my orientation date out of about five choices. After I was selected we begin the process of finding appropriate paperwork that I needed to bring with me to my orientation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom in March 2016.

Interview

1. Screened by HR to match you with an interview for depending on what networks and departments you're interested in
    2. HR gives you options, you pick one, and interview with someone in that department
    3. After initial department interview, you interview with department managers/supervisors

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed first with a college relations recruiter which went well. A week later interviewed with hiring manager which was over the phone because I was unable to make it in person. Not too formal but still asked important questions

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

It was a wonderful experience! I handed in my resume through a school career fair and then received an email from HR. Afterwards, I set up a phone interview with HR and as they learned more about me and my interests they directed me to a specific department. Afterwards, I set up a in-person interview with the department. The whole process took a month!

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions based on my resume. Therefore, before going in for the interview, study your resume!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied at a campus career fair. Was contacted by HR person. Whole process took about a week. First, had a phone interview, 10 minutes tops. The HR person seemed to be choosing a certain department where my skills and education will be most useful. Final stage - an interview with the department itself. Everyone is pretty relaxed, great atmosphere.