Viacom Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.5

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very fair interview, but also very difficult. Come in fully prepared. There are a lot of people who apply so make sure you are able to stand out.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Viacom

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

It was a very simple and quick process. I was contacted by HR and did a 10 minute preliminary interview, then they sent my info to the department they thought I was best suited for. I did a phone interview with the department later that week, and the next morning they offered me the position.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and did a phone screen with them. They asked me about my interests and why I was interested in Viacom. They then placed with a team to interview with. I had to reach out to this team and set up an interview with them. The recruiter then got back to me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

HR phone screening followed by a meeting with a coordinator and assistant on the marketing team. HR screening was easy and they just asked straight forward questions about school and why media and Viacom in particular.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in early February, HR contacted me in mid-March and conducted a phone interview to see which department fits me best. Then HR set up an interview with department managers. I interviewed with 4 managers back to back on interview day. And basically all the questions are from my resume. One week later HR told me I'm offered the internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

There was a two step interview process. After applying online the recruiter called and scheduled a phone interview. There was the phone interview with the recruiter then after that I was scheduled to have an interview with the department I would be working with. I met with two people in the department and discussed my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple process. Be sure to keep checking their website so you can apply as soon as the new internships get posted. After applying you will get connected with a college relations advisor who will ask you to fill out a Viacom questionnaire form. The form asks you to select three companies owned by Viacom that you would like to interview with. Based on the company's needs, the college relations advisor will pass along your resume to their companies internship coordinators. I specifically asked for Nick Jr, Nickelodeon, or Nicktoons. I received interviews with different departments within Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon. The greatest thing about Viacom is that they don't stop trying to help you find an internship within their company! They have amazing college relation advisors!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was great. GET TO KNOW THE COMPANY!! Always do your research and be excited about who your employer is. Ask a lot of questions. Confidence is key and know how to keep things to the point. Behavioral answers are encouraged.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Casual and short (10-15 minutes). HR asked you basic questions and forward your application to the department they think you are most suitable for. I applied for the Spring 2017 general internship and the HR asked me to send her working samples.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and I was contacted by the HR Manager who directed me the the hiring manager. There after I mailed the manager to set up an appointment for the interview round. I was interviewed by two people at their office at Times Square New York. They were nice and warm.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give a brief intro about myself. Most of the questions were from my resume. Some others were like your liking of entertainment industry.   Answer Question