Viacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2018

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I had a phone interview. The person was very pleasant who I talked with. She is passionate about her job and gave me an inside look of the company. The process lasted about a couple of weeks and then I knew I got the job.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR where they asked about my background, major, and what my plans are in the future. Then I met with the department head where I was introduced into the team and was also asked more questions like work ethic, etc.

CSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Viacom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Everyone I talked to seemed super genuine and just wanted to get to know who you were! Obviously read up on the job role and their company, but it was easygoing and they want to know about you and your experience.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Asked mostly preliminary questions, and the interviewer was straight forward in terms of making it clear what skills and personality traits were preferred for the positon. Even though I did not make the cut, I had a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this specific division of our company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

over the phone interview with HR, took about 15 minutes. Really nice and encouraging. It was a screening interview for placement into a network. Asked about my experience and interests. asked ideally what i would like to be doing after graduation.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain from an internship with viacom?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Phone interview about 1 month after I applied. The call was very straightforward, I was asked about myself and my background and explained the internship position. Was asked what I could bring to the position that was unique

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Phone interview, typical for entertainment internships, they look for someone they would like to spend a lot of time with above anything else! Important to be "in the know" when it comes to current entertainment news, TV shows, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you stay "in the know" with entertainment news?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a quick phone screening with someone in HR, then was scheduled to come in to meet with someone for the first round. This meeting eventually turned into a phone call, as the person ended up on jury duty that week so could only do evening calls, which was fine. I really enjoyed speaking with this person, and while on the phone, she let me know that she liked me and wanted to move me to the second round and bring me in to meet someone else. I was very excited - only to find out that I would never hear from her again - despite multiple attempts to reach out.

This is highly unprofessional and upsetting. It's one thing to have an interview and have them not call you back, but to tell someone they have moved onto the next round and then never hear from them again is a horrible thing to do to someone.

To be clear, this person did not work in recruiting, but in the actual department I was interviewing for.

MPS All In Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

In total, I met with 6 people. I got interviewed in groups of 2. Everyone was really nice and the questions asked weren't hard. The program has a lot of applicants.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and what did you do to solve it   Answer Question

Production Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Had interview with HR, then another interview with VP and Manager of department. Communication took a long time between me and the recruiter so patience was virtue. Both Interviews were pretty easy and the people were really friendly and explained the duties of the role really in depth