Viacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Viacom Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Phone interview, typical for entertainment internships, they look for someone they would like to spend a lot of time with above anything else! Important to be "in the know" when it comes to current entertainment news, TV shows, etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you stay "in the know" with entertainment news?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a quick phone screening with someone in HR, then was scheduled to come in to meet with someone for the first round. This meeting eventually turned into a phone call, as the person ended up on jury duty that week so could only do evening calls, which was fine. I really enjoyed speaking with this person, and while on the phone, she let me know that she liked me and wanted to move me to the second round and bring me in to meet someone else. I was very excited - only to find out that I would never hear from her again - despite multiple attempts to reach out.

This is highly unprofessional and upsetting. It's one thing to have an interview and have them not call you back, but to tell someone they have moved onto the next round and then never hear from them again is a horrible thing to do to someone.

To be clear, this person did not work in recruiting, but in the actual department I was interviewing for.

MPS All In Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

In total, I met with 6 people. I got interviewed in groups of 2. Everyone was really nice and the questions asked weren't hard. The program has a lot of applicants.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and what did you do to solve it   Answer Question

Global Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to the internship program on line and was given the oppertunity to interview with global compliance heard back the next day after the interview. I went to the corporate HQ and spoke to the college relations team then meet with the hiring manager.

Internship Interview

Interview

very friendly talk, behavior questions, I have questions like self-introduction and what your shortages. and most of the part, the manager will talk about the team and what kind of project you will be working on as an intern

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

campus interview, followed by phone interviews and interviews at new york headquarters. interviewed mostly with vp level executives in the department- most of them were friendly and helpful. slightly intimidating because of the type of room we were interviewed in-- large room with just one table.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

After receiving the initial phone interview and in office interview it took the department a over a month to get back to me to if I got the internship or not

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews for separate departments. One department, the interview was super intense. I am talking about 8-11 people on a panel asking questions, informally. It was super scary. I did not get the position. The next department, the interview was one on one. Super fun and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Once submitting my application to the Viacom Careers site, I was contacted by a recruiter for the company. The recruiter asked me about my interests based on my resume, and matched me up with a potential department within the company. Then, I received that department's contact information and set up an interview with them. I have either had an in-person or phone interview with the department of interest. After the interview, I was contacted by the HR department, informing me as to whether or not I received the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Overall, the process took around three weeks. It was a very pleasant process. Interviewed with the entire team over two weeks (in office) and then received the offer a week later.