Viacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viacom Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.5

Internship Interview

Interview

very friendly talk, behavior questions, I have questions like self-introduction and what your shortages. and most of the part, the manager will talk about the team and what kind of project you will be working on as an intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

After receiving the initial phone interview and in office interview it took the department a over a month to get back to me to if I got the internship or not

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews for separate departments. One department, the interview was super intense. I am talking about 8-11 people on a panel asking questions, informally. It was super scary. I did not get the position. The next department, the interview was one on one. Super fun and straight forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Once submitting my application to the Viacom Careers site, I was contacted by a recruiter for the company. The recruiter asked me about my interests based on my resume, and matched me up with a potential department within the company. Then, I received that department's contact information and set up an interview with them. I have either had an in-person or phone interview with the department of interest. After the interview, I was contacted by the HR department, informing me as to whether or not I received the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Overall, the process took around three weeks. It was a very pleasant process. Interviewed with the entire team over two weeks (in office) and then received the offer a week later.

Vice President, Corporate Communications Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process started out positive. I was referred by a current employee and was quickly contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening. At the end of the call, I was told I would be speaking to the hiring manager next. After a few weeks with no follow ups, I reached out to the recruiting team and was told that actually I was to meet with a head recruiter. Stunned at the information, I asked them about the rationale. They said the hiring manager was receiving too many candidates and wanted to add an extra layer of screening. Not thoroughly convinced, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I was asked to come in in-person to meet with the head recruiter. Upon my arrival, I was informed that she was not available and was punted to yet another recruiter. I was a little upset at this point at the utter waist of time and was frank with the third recruiter I was now speaking with. He promised to share next steps and an update soon thereafter, but I never received anything. Overall, my experience indicated that the recruiting team was unreliable and somewhat unprofessional. To inoculate concern of me being disgruntled, I actually ended up landing a career shaping role at a top global company, but wanted to share honest feedback about the interview process.

Financial Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online and the HR contacted me to arrange a phone interview in two weeks. When the HR wrapped the interview in the phone, she told me that the position l applied was filled already. I was shocked by the end of the interview and felt played by this company. Seems like the HR did not know her job.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very fair interview, but also very difficult. Come in fully prepared. There are a lot of people who apply so make sure you are able to stand out.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

It was a very simple and quick process. I was contacted by HR and did a 10 minute preliminary interview, then they sent my info to the department they thought I was best suited for. I did a phone interview with the department later that week, and the next morning they offered me the position.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website, and since I was a previous Viacom Intern I also forwarded my resume to the person who contacted me for my internship. I got a call about 2 weeks later stating that they would like to schedule me for a phone interview. After my phone interview with HR I then interviewed with the VP over the phone to see if I would be a correct fit for the position. They then contacted me immediately to meet with the hiring manager and director. After about a week I heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what role this is for and what the position entails?   Answer Question