Viacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2018

2.6

Commercial Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process began with an initial interview with HR. Afterwards, I was then forwarded to the hiring manager of the department I was applying for. A few days later I was called in and the interview was very casual - more so a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Group interview with round robin style. Met in presentation room with HR, followed by tour of offices and round robin interview with multiple engineers at the company. They asked many questions about testing, projects, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences with testing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process varies depending on your interviewer. One might ask about your past projects, basic CS fundamentals, algorithmic problem solving, data structures, nuances about a particular language/framework, or etc. It really depends on your interviewer.

I'm giving this a negative experience because HR is really bad at responding to emails or letting you know about the progress of your interview. They will only contact you if they want something and won't respond if you email them.

Interview Questions

• What are collections? Differences between linkedlist and arrays? What are some technical challenges you faced in your project? I wasn't asked any algorithmic problem, but I know other people who were asked.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom in December 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call explaining the position that I applied to and she proceeded to ask me some basic programming questions. She would ask the questions seen below, and give a few options. I would basically have to answer True or False for most of them. It was pretty straightforward. I was told I'd be contacted later on about an in person interview. Sure enough, I was told i was selected to be interviewed the next week, couldn't make it due to the time selected. I emailed them about this and never got a response back. In January of 2017 I got an email and call that they were interested in another interview, and that I would be contacted early the next week about the interview. I was never contacted for that either, and the week after I was supposed to have the interview, I received an email stating that someone had been selected for the job.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Very fast process - they were gearing up for a show and needed people fast. I fit the bill, they accepted my rate - and we went full speed ahead. I started a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got the low end of my rate which was the highest they paid. MTv is known for low rates.

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I was refereed to the job by a current employee and submitted my resume. I was contacted by a member of their recruiting team and called in for an interview. I was then called back for a second interview with the departments Vice President

Interview Questions

• He was a bit combative. He wanted to know if I was just using this position to get my "foot in the door" as he described. He questioned my intentions on staying within the department for an extended period of time   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting agency. One online test and then onsite interview at New York office.
    The interviewers were not the best around and searching online for questions and verifying answers. If the answer did not match the online description to the letter, you're answer is assumed wrong. In fact, you're deemed having no knowledge on the subject.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viacom (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by HR manager after submitting my resume through the website. Interviewed with 3 different contacts. Followed up twice and after 2 weeks, was told that they had given redefined the position and my background was no longer relevant.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by Viacom directly and did a brief virtual interview over BlueJeans. Following the conversation, the individual stated there were 3 departments that could be potential landing spots. They stated they would meet with those teams and follow up in a few days to set up some interviews. A few days passed with no contact so I emailed to follow up the conversation. Almost a month and a half later I get an email asking to confirm available time slots for on-site interviews. I promptly declined - if this is how Viacom treats candidates then it is not a place I can respect working for

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website, and since I was a previous Viacom Intern I also forwarded my resume to the person who contacted me for my internship. I got a call about 2 weeks later stating that they would like to schedule me for a phone interview. After my phone interview with HR I then interviewed with the VP over the phone to see if I would be a correct fit for the position. They then contacted me immediately to meet with the hiring manager and director. After about a week I heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what role this is for and what the position entails?   Answer Question