Viacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

After receiving the initial phone interview and in office interview it took the department a over a month to get back to me to if I got the internship or not

Vice President, Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process started out positive. I was referred by a current employee and was quickly contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening. At the end of the call, I was told I would be speaking to the hiring manager next. After a few weeks with no follow ups, I reached out to the recruiting team and was told that actually I was to meet with a head recruiter. Stunned at the information, I asked them about the rationale. They said the hiring manager was receiving too many candidates and wanted to add an extra layer of screening. Not thoroughly convinced, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. I was asked to come in in-person to meet with the head recruiter. Upon my arrival, I was informed that she was not available and was punted to yet another recruiter. I was a little upset at this point at the utter waist of time and was frank with the third recruiter I was now speaking with. He promised to share next steps and an update soon thereafter, but I never received anything. Overall, my experience indicated that the recruiting team was unreliable and somewhat unprofessional. To inoculate concern of me being disgruntled, I actually ended up landing a career shaping role at a top global company, but wanted to share honest feedback about the interview process.

Financial Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online and the HR contacted me to arrange a phone interview in two weeks. When the HR wrapped the interview in the phone, she told me that the position l applied was filled already. I was shocked by the end of the interview and felt played by this company. Seems like the HR did not know her job.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very fair interview, but also very difficult. Come in fully prepared. There are a lot of people who apply so make sure you are able to stand out.

Senior Director Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Applied for a position on line received an email from HR a few days later. We set up a telephone screen to discuss my background in more detail. Nothing too earth shattering from a difficulty perspective. I thought it went well.

A few days letter I'm contacted to set up time to meet with a few people and the prospective hiring manager. These meeting went well and was told that I would hear back concerning next steps. Never heard back after several follow ups. I understand how the hiring process works today. I also get the prevailing sense of overwhelm that companies feel as they go about their hiring processes but to never hear back is poor form and is probably an indicator of how things are run in the organization. Any contact would have been nice, but whatever. I wouldn't work there anyway. Good luck.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting agency. One online test and then onsite interview at New York office.
    The interviewers were not the best around and searching online for questions and verifying answers. If the answer did not match the online description to the letter, you're answer is assumed wrong. In fact, you're deemed having no knowledge on the subject.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

Let me preface this by saying, I am a mature adult and do not have any expectation that I am going to get a job offer, no matter how well I think I did in the interview. No one is owed a job but I do believe everyone is owed the common professional courtesy of a response to follow up.
    I was called in for an interview about a week after I submitted my cv for a finance position. I thought I had a fantastic interview on par with other interviews I received offers for. I sent a thank you follow up email to the HR Manager and Hiring Manager the following week and received no response. 4 weeks pass, I send another check in. No Response. All job sites indicated Viacom was no longer accepting additional submissions for the position. Two more weeks. No word. I assume the position was filled but damned if I can get an acknowledgment from these incredibly discourteous & dismissive people who seem to think they can treat future candidates like garbage. Can you not create an impersonal email notification for rejected applicants? Can't an intern contact people? Or an assistant? Why do you even bother giving applicants your business card? Human Resources and Hiring Managers at Viacom desperately need to put the human back into resources. Luckily I landed elswhere but I will never reapply to Viacom or any other company that ignores me after the interview process ever again. If I get a call from Viacom to come in for another interview I will not dignify them with a response. #DontReapply ....my new hashtag. Use it folks. HR arrogance must be challenged

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to an online posting. 3 months later, they got back to me regarding my initial application. I had one screening phone call with a technical sourcer. Then 2 weeks passed, before I emailed again to hear back. Eventually, 3 weeks after my first call, I was told they wanted me to come to the office for an in-person interview. 4.5 weeks after my first call, I finally made it in for an interview that lasted about 90 minutes. I spoke with the hiring manager, who showed me around the office.

And then, I never heard from them again.

Salesforce Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called at NY office of Viacom.
    Two ladies took my interview and they explained me the role and responsibilities they were expecting and asked me about my previous experience and questions about Business Analyst.
    Ist interviewer also asked me how soon I can join them and told me that she is looking forward to work with me soon .
    But immediately after one day I got call from my consultant saying they made an offer to some other person.
    How can some one give such positive response in interview saying waiting to work with you soon and then reject the candidate next day.
    I was really shocked and disappointed from their response and their interview process is totally negative .

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with HR. It was pleasant, ultimately informative. Next, I met with a director. It wasn't as comfortable, as the interviewer was reading from a script, rather than engaging in a conversation. Finally, I met with another manager, who was informative about the network and job.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you've had professionally, and how was it resolved.   Answer Question