Viacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.6

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to an online posting. 3 months later, they got back to me regarding my initial application. I had one screening phone call with a technical sourcer. Then 2 weeks passed, before I emailed again to hear back. Eventually, 3 weeks after my first call, I was told they wanted me to come to the office for an in-person interview. 4.5 weeks after my first call, I finally made it in for an interview that lasted about 90 minutes. I spoke with the hiring manager, who showed me around the office.

And then, I never heard from them again.

Salesforce Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was called at NY office of Viacom.
    Two ladies took my interview and they explained me the role and responsibilities they were expecting and asked me about my previous experience and questions about Business Analyst.
    Ist interviewer also asked me how soon I can join them and told me that she is looking forward to work with me soon .
    But immediately after one day I got call from my consultant saying they made an offer to some other person.
    How can some one give such positive response in interview saying waiting to work with you soon and then reject the candidate next day.
    I was really shocked and disappointed from their response and their interview process is totally negative .

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with HR. It was pleasant, ultimately informative. Next, I met with a director. It wasn't as comfortable, as the interviewer was reading from a script, rather than engaging in a conversation. Finally, I met with another manager, who was informative about the network and job.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you've had professionally, and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by Viacom directly and did a brief virtual interview over BlueJeans. Following the conversation, the individual stated there were 3 departments that could be potential landing spots. They stated they would meet with those teams and follow up in a few days to set up some interviews. A few days passed with no contact so I emailed to follow up the conversation. Almost a month and a half later I get an email asking to confirm available time slots for on-site interviews. I promptly declined - if this is how Viacom treats candidates then it is not a place I can respect working for

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

HR reached out to me about the role. I did not apply. There was a phone screening with HR followed by an in-person interview with the Director. He wanted me to meet another Manager as the 2nd interview so it was scheduled. I arrived 15 minutes early, then waited 15 minutes after the interview was supposed to start. Nobody showed up to meet me, so I emailed HR which told me that the interview was canceled last minute. I emailed to follow up and HR then told me they "restructured" the job role, which was a lie as 2 weeks later the same job posting was up. Very unprofessional and dishonest. I have never had such a horrible interview experience.

Summer Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Viacom in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online with essays and references. Then asked to complete an online interview through my computer where a question would appear on the screen, I would have 30 seconds to prepare, and my webcam would turn on and record my answer. Only 4 questions and they each allowed one re-recorded attempt.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you successfully led a team through a difficult problem   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom in December 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call explaining the position that I applied to and she proceeded to ask me some basic programming questions. She would ask the questions seen below, and give a few options. I would basically have to answer True or False for most of them. It was pretty straightforward. I was told I'd be contacted later on about an in person interview. Sure enough, I was told i was selected to be interviewed the next week, couldn't make it due to the time selected. I emailed them about this and never got a response back. In January of 2017 I got an email and call that they were interested in another interview, and that I would be contacted early the next week about the interview. I was never contacted for that either, and the week after I was supposed to have the interview, I received an email stating that someone had been selected for the job.

Director, Data Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

A head recruiter reached out to qualify me, then passed me onto his assistant to handle scheduling. This was the start of communication and scheduling challenges for an in-person interview. Lack of follow-up and last minute changes was a big problem here. Certainly there was no regard for my time. However, the process did improve in the later rounds.

I went into their Times Square offices twice. The first time was for an interview that was cancelled on the spot over the phone at the security desk. The second time was successful and certainly more pleasant. The hiring manager treated me well and made me feel welcome. There were a few email follow-ups and then communication suddenly ceased without warning or explanation. A request for feedback went unanswered.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very short, basic interview questions. I was surprised that they did not ask more challenging questions. The interviewer was very nice and explained the job very well. She answered all of my questions.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at campus event, then had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. Really negative experience because I found out after the interview through another source that their HR intern wasn't even leaving. They interviewed a lot of people for a position with no opening. unacceptable.