Viacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viacom Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

HR phone screening followed by a meeting with a coordinator and assistant on the marketing team. HR screening was easy and they just asked straight forward questions about school and why media and Viacom in particular.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with HR. It was pleasant, ultimately informative. Next, I met with a director. It wasn't as comfortable, as the interviewer was reading from a script, rather than engaging in a conversation. Finally, I met with another manager, who was informative about the network and job.

Interview Questions

• What is a problem you've had professionally, and how was it resolved.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by Viacom directly and did a brief virtual interview over BlueJeans. Following the conversation, the individual stated there were 3 departments that could be potential landing spots. They stated they would meet with those teams and follow up in a few days to set up some interviews. A few days passed with no contact so I emailed to follow up the conversation. Almost a month and a half later I get an email asking to confirm available time slots for on-site interviews. I promptly declined - if this is how Viacom treats candidates then it is not a place I can respect working for

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

HR reached out to me about the role. I did not apply. There was a phone screening with HR followed by an in-person interview with the Director. He wanted me to meet another Manager as the 2nd interview so it was scheduled. I arrived 15 minutes early, then waited 15 minutes after the interview was supposed to start. Nobody showed up to meet me, so I emailed HR which told me that the interview was canceled last minute. I emailed to follow up and HR then told me they "restructured" the job role, which was a lie as 2 weeks later the same job posting was up. Very unprofessional and dishonest. I have never had such a horrible interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in early February, HR contacted me in mid-March and conducted a phone interview to see which department fits me best. Then HR set up an interview with department managers. I interviewed with 4 managers back to back on interview day. And basically all the questions are from my resume. One week later HR told me I'm offered the internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

There was a two step interview process. After applying online the recruiter called and scheduled a phone interview. There was the phone interview with the recruiter then after that I was scheduled to have an interview with the department I would be working with. I met with two people in the department and discussed my resume.

Summer Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Viacom in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online with essays and references. Then asked to complete an online interview through my computer where a question would appear on the screen, I would have 30 seconds to prepare, and my webcam would turn on and record my answer. Only 4 questions and they each allowed one re-recorded attempt.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you successfully led a team through a difficult problem   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and it took a few weeks to hear back. I was then interviewed by a department supervisor. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and was mainly asked about jobs and experiences on my resume.

Digital Content Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview was via a google hangout interview with the manager and senior manager within the Nick Jr. department. The interview was casual and comforting. They asked about the experiences on my resume and asked about the Nick Jr. app platform. They informed me about the position and what my day-to-day tasks were. To summarize the interview felt like a conversation.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom in December 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call explaining the position that I applied to and she proceeded to ask me some basic programming questions. She would ask the questions seen below, and give a few options. I would basically have to answer True or False for most of them. It was pretty straightforward. I was told I'd be contacted later on about an in person interview. Sure enough, I was told i was selected to be interviewed the next week, couldn't make it due to the time selected. I emailed them about this and never got a response back. In January of 2017 I got an email and call that they were interested in another interview, and that I would be contacted early the next week about the interview. I was never contacted for that either, and the week after I was supposed to have the interview, I received an email stating that someone had been selected for the job.