Viacom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Casual and short (10-15 minutes). HR asked you basic questions and forward your application to the department they think you are most suitable for. I applied for the Spring 2017 general internship and the HR asked me to send her working samples.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at campus event, then had a phone interview followed by an in person interview. Really negative experience because I found out after the interview through another source that their HR intern wasn't even leaving. They interviewed a lot of people for a position with no opening. unacceptable.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized, multiple HR contacts that kept reaching out. I knew they were interested, but because of the brand NOT because of HR. The people i met with at the brands were great, however bad experience with HR.

Production Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Viacom (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

HR interview, then met with hiring manager. Was asked 4 long hypothetical scenarios to identify issues. Even though job would entail working on different networks (MTV, VH1, Comedy Central and Nick), all the hypotheticals involved filming with kids. They really wanted someone with a journalism background to ID production risk issues (that doesn't seem to make sense to me).

Sent me an automated generic email to tell me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses or skills you want to work on?   Answer Question

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter reached out to me and scheduled a time to speak on the phone. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and was very casual because it was purely informative. They wanted to see if my background matched what they were looking for in the rotational program

Nickelodeon Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Viacom.

Interview

First interviewed by current intern and then HR director. Interview was a straight forward review of your CV. 2-3 hypothetical or scenario-based questions that require some deductive reasoning. Also it seems evident that they are looking for seniors or rising seniors that they can hire after if they choose.

Interview Questions

• What applicable courses have you taken that may assist in the field of talent management?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and I was contacted by the HR Manager who directed me the the hiring manager. There after I mailed the manager to set up an appointment for the interview round. I was interviewed by two people at their office at Times Square New York. They were nice and warm.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give a brief intro about myself. Most of the questions were from my resume. Some others were like your liking of entertainment industry.   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Viacom Recruiting team via LinkedIn. 1st Round was scheduled on site, no pre-screening. On the Same day, they sent me one Python code challenge, the time limit of 1 week. Able to solve the problem and got generate the same output. Then after no reply/response even after shooting emails & calls.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on Python, Hadoop, Real time Project, Past Experience.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email to arrange a screening call, where the recruiter was very engaging and detailed the process and culture. Was put through for a skills test, which was repeatedly rescheduled, finally happening about 4 weeks later. The skills test went smoothly albeit rushed and was performed by a peer - who had himself only worked for the company for a (very) short period of time. My take home of the interview was that I didn't have his full attention and didn't get to showcase previous achievements and/or talent.

After the interview completed there was slim to 0 followup from the recruiter, and after chasing was told the department was over-loaded and refusing to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the current events/press interest involving the senior leadership of the company?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Viacom in July 2016.

Interview

First round telephonic interview along with coding exercise, you will be given with a problem which has to be solved (http://collabedit.com/).

Interview almost went for an hour.

Solved the problem, but for some reason they did not take me to the next round.

No proper feedback.