Viacom Media Networks Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viacom Media Networks Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I first spoke with a member of HR to gauge my interests and skills. Then, I spoke with 2 members on the team I was interviewing with for the final round.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years. What shows do you watch?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Flexible on start date.

Other Interview Reviews for Viacom Media Networks

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a design related internship. I submitted a link to my portfolio. I was contacted by college relations and introduced to a number of departments within Viacom who thought I would be a good fit based on my portfolio. I went on as many interviews as possible and accepted the position that felt right.

Interview Questions

• Do you watch [channel I was interviewing for]?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because this was an internship no negotiation was necessary.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later College Relations contacted me and set me up with my supervisor. I did one phone interview and he "hired" me on the spot. A few more e-mails to the College Relations team and I had officially sealed the deal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Interns don't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied cold online from listing on college job board, heard back pretty promptly afterward with offer for in-person interview, got invited to come into main Times Square office and meet with manager one-on-one, had a very typical job interview (no surprises/curveballs, just talking about myself and asking questions at the end), heard back a week or two later with offer for semester-long internship

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks.

Interview

I was in communication with HR for a few weeks after submitting an application. They finally helped me decide on a department that would suit my interests. I had a few phone calls with my to-be supervisor, and then an in-person interview. A few hours after leaving the interview, I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an unpaid internship so I didn't get to negotiate a salary, but I was given some wiggle room on starting and ending hours. I was only given a few days to accept or decline, though.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks.

Interview

It was very professional. She asked great questions and gave a lot of information up front.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks in March 2012.

Interview

Very easy. Interviewer asked me about myself and once I told her some basic facts, she launched into a description of the job and working environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unpaid.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Was made aware of the job by a professor who was made aware of an intern position by an alumni of my university. Interviewed for an intern position in the series production department. Interviewed with two of the assistants to the production executives in a phone interview. Following my interview, I received a call offering me the position 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite MTV shows?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got an interview email. It just took 1 day to setup an interview . The process was pretty fast. I had an interview with The supervisor and she was very sweet and cordial. First interview of,y life. Went really swift. I was asked about my academics and academic projects and my interests. Thats its. Got the answer right there. I had a chance to ask about the ongoing projects and what would i be working on. Was given a department tour and introduced to everyone. Everyone was very humble and nice. And the HR process was also very swift and everything was done in a few days.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

You will go through a preliminary phone interview, then have several interviews (phone and in person) with people you could potentially work under. The overall atmosphere here is relaxed and laid back, but they are still looking for professional and experience people. They are helpful and offer insight into making it to the next step of the process.