Viacom Media Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.6

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Know the programming of the department you're interviewing with. Be able to talk about the skills you have and how they relate to the job. Most interviews for freelance positions are pretty short and to the point, just to see if you gel with the person hiring you to worth with them.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you took initiative?   1 Answer

Integrated Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks.

Interview

I have never been interviewed where the HR person asks me what it's like to work at my present company, because THEY are looking for a job. Not to mention they didn't ask me a single question about my 12+ years in media. Still in complete shock that executive level talent (or any talent for that matter) is interviewed this way.

Licensing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I'm still currently in the interview process but I got called in for an interview that was scheduled that same week, came in and spoke to a lovely person who asked me standard interview questions about myself and what kind of employee/ work enviornment I liked best, etc.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

You are contacted by a College Relations Recruiter by email for a phone interview. During the interview you give information about what brands you are interested in working at. After the phone interview they set you up on an in person interview with the department you had interest in.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I first spoke with a member of HR to gauge my interests and skills. Then, I spoke with 2 members on the team I was interviewing with for the final round.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years. What shows do you watch?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Flexible on start date.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Called within 3 weeks. Did some research online before they called. Seems like they were ok with me but was not to confident. I feel like they want more candidates that are seniors or graduate students.

On-Air Promos Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online in mid-January and heard from HR in early March. Filled out email questionnaire for HR then put in contact with members of the department to set up phone interview. After a week later had brief phone screen with production manager in department. Received call from HR 5 minutes later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks in March 2016.

Interview

Applied to the general internship program at Viacom, had a short phone interview with HR a few weeks later and was asked what department/type of work I was interested in. About a week or so later, I had a phone interview with the MTV Integrated Marketing department. A week or so later, I had another phone interview with the same people from the MTV Integrated Marketing department. The next week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks.

Interview

It was a tough job to get, but interview process went very well. Met a lot of people but my recruiter was wonderful and had a great experience overall!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a design related internship. I submitted a link to my portfolio. I was contacted by college relations and introduced to a number of departments within Viacom who thought I would be a good fit based on my portfolio. I went on as many interviews as possible and accepted the position that felt right.

Interview Questions

• Do you watch [channel I was interviewing for]?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because this was an internship no negotiation was necessary.