Viacom Media Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viacom Media Networks Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks.

Interview

It was a tough job to get, but interview process went very well. Met a lot of people but my recruiter was wonderful and had a great experience overall!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a design related internship. I submitted a link to my portfolio. I was contacted by college relations and introduced to a number of departments within Viacom who thought I would be a good fit based on my portfolio. I went on as many interviews as possible and accepted the position that felt right.

Interview Questions

• Do you watch [channel I was interviewing for]?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because this was an internship no negotiation was necessary.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Went through a temp agency was hired full time by the President within 4 months. My interview process was me doing my job as a temp and being good at it.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to be a staff employee and do you see yourself working on this desk for the next 12 months.   Answer Question

Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

First, I was contacted by someone whose job it is to recruit college interns; we arranged a phone call and he asked me about myself, where I see my career after college, and what I'd like to get out of an internship. He asked me which of two CSR-esque departments most interested me; I chose one, and he put me in touch with someone in MTV Public Affairs. She and I arranged an interview time and I went into the office a few weeks later for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• About which social justice issues are you most passionate?   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks in April 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward and surprisingly uninvolved for a competitive and highly marketed internship. Submitted application materials, had two phone interviews: one HR screening to gauge best fit, one more traditional interview with future supervisor. Was offered the position almost immediately after second call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MTV, what excites you about the industry   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks.

Interview

great interview but went with internal candidate. Asked about experience did the interview backwards met with principal the hr had to run around city whole process to 4 hours. The principal interview was nice and enjoyable but the had to hound for an answer after promise for dialog moving forwards

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks.

Interview

I applied online and got an invite to interview after about a month via email. My interview was in the downtown office where its very windy! The building is new to MTV and getting upstairs was a little bit of an ordeal. Security required ID and clearance from upstairs. That was the only hitch I experienced for the interview. The MTV office is really cool and with open space/cubicle kind of atmosphere. I brought my work on my tablet and additional resumes and had questions prepared to ask my interviewer. Last that night, I was contacted by the intern coordinators offering me a spot!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. I was offered school credit as well which I accepted.

Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks.

Interview

I applied in October, heard back about an interview a couple weeks later with HR. After that heard back from MTV about an in person interview 2 weeks later. The interview was informal and typical, but I never heard back from them for 3 months. When I emailed to inquire on their decision they told me HR was supposed to have gotten back to me a week after my interview...

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and submitted my application online. Its a big company therefore, the odds of getting called without prior internship experience are slim. If they choose to interview you, they email a form to fill out with minor details about yourself and a time frame in which they can call you for a phone interview. After the phone interview the college relations recruiter sends you the contact information of someone in the department you are interested in based on your discussion, where you then have to schedule an in person interview with the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in media? What are your interests? What are your favorite shows on our networks?   Answer Question

Coordinator Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Call me old fashioned, but I believe that if you take time off from work to interview with a company, you deserve a response. Needless to say, MTV has different thoughts on the matter. After my interview, I followed up twice with no success. I think I speak for everyone when I say all it takes is one sentence: "Thank you for your time but, unfortunately, we decided to go with another candidate." That's it. This was my second unprofessional experience with MTV in the past 3 years.

Anyway, the process moved relatively quickly. Applied on a Monday, heard back on a Tuesday and interviewed (in person) on a Thursday. The interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to my job experience.   Answer Question