Viacom Media Networks Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Know the programming of the department you're interviewing with. Be able to talk about the skills you have and how they relate to the job. Most interviews for freelance positions are pretty short and to the point, just to see if you gel with the person hiring you to worth with them.

Interview Questions

• What is one time that you took initiative?   1 Answer

Licensing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I'm still currently in the interview process but I got called in for an interview that was scheduled that same week, came in and spoke to a lovely person who asked me standard interview questions about myself and what kind of employee/ work enviornment I liked best, etc.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

You are contacted by a College Relations Recruiter by email for a phone interview. During the interview you give information about what brands you are interested in working at. After the phone interview they set you up on an in person interview with the department you had interest in.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I first spoke with a member of HR to gauge my interests and skills. Then, I spoke with 2 members on the team I was interviewing with for the final round.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years. What shows do you watch?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Flexible on start date.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a design related internship. I submitted a link to my portfolio. I was contacted by college relations and introduced to a number of departments within Viacom who thought I would be a good fit based on my portfolio. I went on as many interviews as possible and accepted the position that felt right.

Interview Questions

• Do you watch [channel I was interviewing for]?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Because this was an internship no negotiation was necessary.

Public Affairs Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

First, I was contacted by someone whose job it is to recruit college interns; we arranged a phone call and he asked me about myself, where I see my career after college, and what I'd like to get out of an internship. He asked me which of two CSR-esque departments most interested me; I chose one, and he put me in touch with someone in MTV Public Affairs. She and I arranged an interview time and I went into the office a few weeks later for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• About which social justice issues are you most passionate?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and submitted my application online. Its a big company therefore, the odds of getting called without prior internship experience are slim. If they choose to interview you, they email a form to fill out with minor details about yourself and a time frame in which they can call you for a phone interview. After the phone interview the college relations recruiter sends you the contact information of someone in the department you are interested in based on your discussion, where you then have to schedule an in person interview with the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in media? What are your interests? What are your favorite shows on our networks?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY).

Interview

Saw the position online and applied through MTV's careers website. After a few weeks, I was contacted for an interview. Seemed to go well, but I never heard from anyone even after following up. They seem to post new openings for similar positions often.

Interview Questions

• Always difficult answering why you want to leave your current job. Seems like it shouldn't matter why as often it's because of something that should be kept private.   Answer Question

Coordinator Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Call me old fashioned, but I believe that if you take time off from work to interview with a company, you deserve a response. Needless to say, MTV has different thoughts on the matter. After my interview, I followed up twice with no success. I think I speak for everyone when I say all it takes is one sentence: "Thank you for your time but, unfortunately, we decided to go with another candidate." That's it. This was my second unprofessional experience with MTV in the past 3 years.

Anyway, the process moved relatively quickly. Applied on a Monday, heard back on a Tuesday and interviewed (in person) on a Thursday. The interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to my job experience.   Answer Question

PA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I began as an intern and met matriculated through my team based on that experience. It helps to intern and network that way and you will find that eager and hardworking interns will have opportunities for short projects and if you really find a good fit, you could potentially find a permanent residence with a team

Interview Questions

• what are my career goals?
      How will this role help you achieve those goals   1 Answer