Viacom Media Networks Interview Questions in Santa Monica, CA | Glassdoor

Viacom Media Networks Interview Questions in Santa Monica, CA

2.7

Application

Interview

Went through a temp agency was hired full time by the President within 4 months. My interview process was me doing my job as a temp and being good at it.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to be a staff employee and do you see yourself working on this desk for the next 12 months.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Helpful, interested and genuinely attempting to put me in a position where I would excel. However, an employee within the company had to get my resume to HR - they did not make an independent decision that I was right for the job - rather the executives did once they interviewed me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated for my salary and start date

Publicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

HR contacted me by phone. The phone interview was brief and was meant only to setup an in person interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager wasn't unfriendly (per se) but she & her subordinate both seemed pretentious. I got the impression that their mind was already made up before I even walked into the room.

Interview Questions

• How do you think working in TV differs from working in other areas of entertainment?   Answer Question

PR Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was invited to the office to interview for the position. Two interviewees looked at my resume and portfolio. It was a quick interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about why you like to watch certain MTV shows?   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Was given an in-person interview after having a former employer recommend me for the position. The interview took place at the Santa Monica office and lasted a little under an hour. I met with 3 members of the ad team: one account executive and two sales service executives. The questions were very straightforward: what experience do you have, why would you like to work for us and not someone else, where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Sales and Promotions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

One phone and two in person interviews. The process was amazing. The 1st in person was with the Supervisors who you would be working directly with. The 2nd was a project presentation with the entire team. It was nerve racking but a unique experience. It is a tactic I actually
    now mirror when I interview candidates.

Interview Questions

• How did you get access to the private MTV site to use our logos in your presentation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Application

Interview

After submitting my resume directly to the the executive(s) I would be assisting, they contacted me and I came in for an interview with them. They asked some questions about my experience and whether I watched the shows on MTV (particularly the ones they worked on). About two weeks later they called and said that they wanted to hire me. At that point HR reached out to have me fill out the official paperwork.

Interview Questions

• what shows do I watch, how did I handle a high volume desk situation as an assistant in the past, did I hope to work at a network/what my career aspirations were.   Answer Question

Ad Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application, received a file via email from HR to fill out about a week later, then about a week later the interview process started. I received a phone interview from an HR intern, and a few days after that, a phone call from my department supervisor about coming in for an interview. The interview was held in a conference room with a panel of employees but was not intimidating; everyone is very friendly and helpful. Be confident, give a firm handshake, and be professional yet friendly and relatable- MTV is not stuffy! Dress stylishly, business casual.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Was made aware of the job by a professor who was made aware of an intern position by an alumni of my university. Interviewed for an intern position in the series production department. Interviewed with two of the assistants to the production executives in a phone interview. Following my interview, I received a call offering me the position 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite MTV shows?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom Media Networks (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was normal for entertainment: called in, walked into reception, then called to the hiring manager's office. Best to really know the culture here, as if you dress corporate-y (suit, slacks, tie) it may not work unless you're applying for a lawyer job. Many people dressed very trendy, cool. Flip-flops were normal. My hiring manager interviewed me while wearing a sundress and barefoot (it was late springtime). Casual-cool enviro, with hip, in-the-know undertones.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "Do you have any questions for me?" You always have to have at least one question, so I had to create something.   Answer Question