Viacom Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.5

Digital Content Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview was via a google hangout interview with the manager and senior manager within the Nick Jr. department. The interview was casual and comforting. They asked about the experiences on my resume and asked about the Nick Jr. app platform. They informed me about the position and what my day-to-day tasks were. To summarize the interview felt like a conversation.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very short, basic interview questions. I was surprised that they did not ask more challenging questions. The interviewer was very nice and explained the job very well. She answered all of my questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Casual and short (10-15 minutes). HR asked you basic questions and forward your application to the department they think you are most suitable for. I applied for the Spring 2017 general internship and the HR asked me to send her working samples.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized, multiple HR contacts that kept reaching out. I knew they were interested, but because of the brand NOT because of HR. The people i met with at the brands were great, however bad experience with HR.

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by Viacom Recruiting team via LinkedIn. 1st Round was scheduled on site, no pre-screening. On the Same day, they sent me one Python code challenge, the time limit of 1 week. Able to solve the problem and got generate the same output. Then after no reply/response even after shooting emails & calls.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on Python, Hadoop, Real time Project, Past Experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and I was contacted by the HR Manager who directed me the the hiring manager. There after I mailed the manager to set up an appointment for the interview round. I was interviewed by two people at their office at Times Square New York. They were nice and warm.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give a brief intro about myself. Most of the questions were from my resume. Some others were like your liking of entertainment industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by someone from the Campus Relations department in HR. I was given contact information for hiring manager from 3 different departments. I set up interviews with each. One department contacted me back within a day or two and said they were no longer able to have interns this semester. The HR contact contacted me to tell me that as well. Within another week or so I heard back from the HR contact saying one department moved forward with another candidate, but the other department offered me the position. After I accepted I was sent a welcome email with more detailed information and given options for an Orientation date.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.
      Walk us through your work (graphic design position)
      What type of work are you interested in?
      Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later for an in-person interview the next week. I never met with anyone from HR, just the person who I would be working directly under. She was very nice and asked appropriate questions and was easy to talk to. She asked me expected questions such as how to do manage stress/multiple tasks, situational questions, past experiences, etc. Then she pulled in another person on the team that was higher up. He wanted to know more about me and what I thought about the role. He didn't have a lot of questions for me, he really wanted me to ask him a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• If a client came to us and wanted to build a social media campaign around the main actor in the movie, what would you suggest?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle working with people who have multiple opinions?   Answer Question

Creative Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview, followed by 2 on-site interviews. In the end they chose a different candidate. The people I met with were nice and seemed very dedicated to their work.

Log Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

This was possibly the most unprofessional experience I've ever had in interviewing with a company. After an hour commute into Manhattan and paying $2.75 each way on the subway, they only asked me 1 question: Tell me about yourself. The interview (with 2 interviewers) lasted a total of 11 minutes, most of it my questions for them. After over 3 months, I have not heard anything from them, and I have emailed the HR contact and both interviewers several times. If this is how they treat potential employees, I don't want to know how they treat actual employees.