Viacom Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Interviews at Viacom

2.5

Commercial Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring process began with an initial interview with HR. Afterwards, I was then forwarded to the hiring manager of the department I was applying for. A few days later I was called in and the interview was very casual - more so a conversation.

Interview Questions

• How detail oriented can you be?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Had one phone interview with HR in which they “forgot” to call on time. Then went for a follow up in person. Had four back to back interviews which went okay. Received a follow up email from the HR rep about a week after saying he heard good feedback and would be in touch with the next steps. Then I never heard from anyone again. I sent a follow up but radio silence. Very frustrating especially because I took a day off work and traveled to make the interview. Would not recommend as I’ve heard they were flaky from other people in their interview processes as well.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Group interview with round robin style. Met in presentation room with HR, followed by tour of offices and round robin interview with multiple engineers at the company. They asked many questions about testing, projects, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences with testing?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process varies depending on your interviewer. One might ask about your past projects, basic CS fundamentals, algorithmic problem solving, data structures, nuances about a particular language/framework, or etc. It really depends on your interviewer.

I'm giving this a negative experience because HR is really bad at responding to emails or letting you know about the progress of your interview. They will only contact you if they want something and won't respond if you email them.

Interview Questions

• What are collections? Differences between linkedlist and arrays? What are some technical challenges you faced in your project? I wasn't asked any algorithmic problem, but I know other people who were asked.   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Very fast process - they were gearing up for a show and needed people fast. I fit the bill, they accepted my rate - and we went full speed ahead. I started a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got the low end of my rate which was the highest they paid. MTv is known for low rates.

Audio Visual Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

I was refereed to the job by a current employee and submitted my resume. I was contacted by a member of their recruiting team and called in for an interview. I was then called back for a second interview with the departments Vice President

Interview Questions

• He was a bit combative. He wanted to know if I was just using this position to get my "foot in the door" as he described. He questioned my intentions on staying within the department for an extended period of time   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by Viacom directly and did a brief virtual interview over BlueJeans. Following the conversation, the individual stated there were 3 departments that could be potential landing spots. They stated they would meet with those teams and follow up in a few days to set up some interviews. A few days passed with no contact so I emailed to follow up the conversation. Almost a month and a half later I get an email asking to confirm available time slots for on-site interviews. I promptly declined - if this is how Viacom treats candidates then it is not a place I can respect working for

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

phone interview first and face to face interview, process is long and HR is very nice. Phone interview they asked basic software knowledge and online code test. On line code test is not hard though.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website, and since I was a previous Viacom Intern I also forwarded my resume to the person who contacted me for my internship. I got a call about 2 weeks later stating that they would like to schedule me for a phone interview. After my phone interview with HR I then interviewed with the VP over the phone to see if I would be a correct fit for the position. They then contacted me immediately to meet with the hiring manager and director. After about a week I heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what role this is for and what the position entails?   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viacom (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later for an in-person interview the next week. I never met with anyone from HR, just the person who I would be working directly under. She was very nice and asked appropriate questions and was easy to talk to. She asked me expected questions such as how to do manage stress/multiple tasks, situational questions, past experiences, etc. Then she pulled in another person on the team that was higher up. He wanted to know more about me and what I thought about the role. He didn't have a lot of questions for me, he really wanted me to ask him a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• If a client came to us and wanted to build a social media campaign around the main actor in the movie, what would you suggest?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle working with people who have multiple opinions?   Answer Question