ViacomCBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ViacomCBS Interview Questions

Interviews at ViacomCBS

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViacomCBS.

Interview

Applied online. After a first brief conversation with HR, I was recommended to speak with the manager of a department they thought I'd be a good fit for. Second round was video interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• What tv shows do you watch? Viacom and non   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViacomCBS.

Interview

Brief interview with Recruiter. Was invited to come on site to interview with hiring Director and VP. Interview process went very well.

Unfortunately, the recruiter sent a few emails over the course of a couple of months saying there were delays in the hiring process, followed up by completely being ghosted by the recruiter after about two months of being in contact. Really unprofessional, especially for a senior level management position that I interviewed for. Please have the decency to inform candidates if they are no longer in the hiring process.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had a phone screening and then a video interview. Very friendly, receptive interviewers both times, and no unexpected questions. Quick turnover time between first interview and the follow-up. No complaints from me!

RISE Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViacomCBS in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to complete a video interview as part of the first round about two weeks later. Still waiting to hear about next round, which is an in-person interview in New York

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Positives? Apart from a few reschedules, the communication piece was there.Entire process took about a month.

The negative rating for this interview experience is plainly because a interview process should not take 3 interviews to realize you do not want to go forward with a candidate.

After literally checking out the entire layout of the building and getting a step by step tour, checking out what system is used, and receiving nothing but seemingly positive feedback- no offer.

Part of me feels like either the team did not know they were wasting their time, or they were aware all along. Otherwise it was exactly that, a waste of everyone's time, so it could have been a quicker process if 1) someone else was in mind, 2) if they were just trying to check off a equal opportunity interview process, or 3) if they knew the pay scale was not within their budget.

Just a bit of a strange experience, and could have been consolidated into 2 interviews, not a drawn out process just to say no.

Interview Questions

• Standard basic level interview questions to assess troubleshooting steps.   Answer Question

Business Development Director Interview

Interview

The recruiter was actively in touch, but he never contacted me after the in-person interview with the hiring manager. I knew I didn't get the job, but I called him a few times anyway -- on principle.

Senior Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ViacomCBS.

Interview

It was normal in which I see the manager and 2 people from the team. From there proceed to walk through my portfolio while asking and answering questions . That’s about it, nothing else to write about. Everything was easy.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViacomCBS.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Contacted by HR manager to schedule 1 video interview with supervisor, and another phone interview with coworkers on the same day. Get the offer in the end.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY).

Interview

It depends on when you apply, but the interview process happens a week or two before the application closes. There are two interview rounds depending on your success. I interviewed with HR and then my potential department. I heard back the following week. Other interns on my cohort interviewed with other teams because they didn’t get the internship HR set them up for. The Campus 2 Careers team is incredibly helpful!

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions! This is more to gage your personality fit with the team.   Answer Question

Associate Counsel, Anti-Piracy Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViacomCBS.

Interview

I was emailed to set up an interview via an internal calendar. After selecting a time, I blocked out some time, reviewed the position requirements, researched the company, then was... never called?

I had seen a number of reviews about being ghosted, but after a quick look I believed they were related to internships that likely had a high number of applicants. Clearly, a very specialized attorney position (that is still open 4+ months later) for an applicant with loads of relevant experience would be different.

Wrong.

No recruiter is ever right on time. Recruiters are, at least, 2 to 4 minutes late. A decent number are 5+ minutes late. Viacom fell out of that window.

I called within 10 minutes of not receiving a call and left voicemail, as sometimes prior interviews can go long or it can be confusing who is supposed to call who. No call back. I emailed back asking for more information and never received a response. I checked back a few weeks later and the recruiter still worked at Viacom.

I have yet to receive any word back from Viacom. Very unprofessional, seemingly unorganized, and it has turned me off from applying to other Viacom positions.

Interview Questions

• "Please schedule a date for an interview"   1 Answer