ViacomCBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ViacomCBS

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ViacomCBS.

Interview

First they had online test and video conferencing interview two rounds. Very pleasant experience with interviewer. First video conferencing round with one person, pure technical, solving programs, identifying bugs in program- covering basic programming question- string manipulation- Data structure and algorithms . Second round was also similar with 4 panel members more with performance related issues and design problems in C#, SQL, webapi etc
    Did not go through as they were looking for much more strong candidates

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ViacomCBS.

Interview

It was organized and enlightening -- The HR team did a great job of keeping me in the loop and making sure I knew what the next steps were. I was very impressed with the process.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example of a strategic communications campaign   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Super quick and straight to the point, it started out with a phone interview, then in person, and finally I got the job offer. I decided to decline because I got another job offer with a higher pay, but if it hadn’t been for that I would have accepted

Interview Questions

• How do you feel companies should take care of their employees during the corona virus pandemic   Answer Question

Digital/Social Interview

Interview

First I had a phone interview with a general recruiter to mach my resume and interests with available internship opening, then an in-person interview with 2 heads of the department

Interview Questions

• experience with social media, how I would add to their team   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViacomCBS.

Interview

Applied online. After a first brief conversation with HR, I was recommended to speak with the manager of a department they thought I'd be a good fit for. Second round was video interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• What tv shows do you watch? Viacom and non   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViacomCBS.

Interview

Brief interview with Recruiter. Was invited to come on site to interview with hiring Director and VP. Interview process went very well.

Unfortunately, the recruiter sent a few emails over the course of a couple of months saying there were delays in the hiring process, followed up by completely being ghosted by the recruiter after about two months of being in contact. Really unprofessional, especially for a senior level management position that I interviewed for. Please have the decency to inform candidates if they are no longer in the hiring process.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had a phone screening and then a video interview. Very friendly, receptive interviewers both times, and no unexpected questions. Quick turnover time between first interview and the follow-up. No complaints from me!

RISE Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViacomCBS in November 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to complete a video interview as part of the first round about two weeks later. Still waiting to hear about next round, which is an in-person interview in New York

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Positives? Apart from a few reschedules, the communication piece was there.Entire process took about a month.

The negative rating for this interview experience is plainly because a interview process should not take 3 interviews to realize you do not want to go forward with a candidate.

After literally checking out the entire layout of the building and getting a step by step tour, checking out what system is used, and receiving nothing but seemingly positive feedback- no offer.

Part of me feels like either the team did not know they were wasting their time, or they were aware all along. Otherwise it was exactly that, a waste of everyone's time, so it could have been a quicker process if 1) someone else was in mind, 2) if they were just trying to check off a equal opportunity interview process, or 3) if they knew the pay scale was not within their budget.

Just a bit of a strange experience, and could have been consolidated into 2 interviews, not a drawn out process just to say no.

Interview Questions

• Standard basic level interview questions to assess troubleshooting steps.   Answer Question

Production Coordinator - Velocity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Had initial phone interview, was then asked to come and meet the team in the office. Was told I should contact after the merger.... but no one will respond.