ViacomCBS Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Interviews at ViacomCBS

2.5

Production Coordinator - Velocity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Had initial phone interview, was then asked to come and meet the team in the office. Was told I should contact after the merger.... but no one will respond.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY).

Interview

It depends on when you apply, but the interview process happens a week or two before the application closes. There are two interview rounds depending on your success. I interviewed with HR and then my potential department. I heard back the following week. Other interns on my cohort interviewed with other teams because they didn’t get the internship HR set them up for. The Campus 2 Careers team is incredibly helpful!

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions! This is more to gage your personality fit with the team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Interviewing was a relatively simple process. After applying, you'll get an email requesting a phone interview if your resume has a match with an available position. After the phone interview, HR will send your resume over to the department that closely matches your skillset and interests and there'll be another interview with the supervisor you'll be working with. Questions are pretty straightforward; mostly about your resume, past internships/leadership experience, interests, etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about our internship program?
      Tell me more about your experience with XYZ.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant, Insights, Research & Strategy – MTV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY).

Interview

By far the most degrading and disappointing experience of my life interviewing, especially since it’s such a large corporation. I went through several rounds and multiple hours of interviews only to get fully ghosted by Talent Acquisition. Never heard back after my final interview when I was told they’d likely be prepping an offer within a couple days!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

My first interview went really well! I sent my thank you letter and crickets. I sent a follow up and then was informed that we were moving ahead in the interview process. Then Viacom straight up ghosted me. Still waiting on my second round interview lol

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Had one phone interview with HR in which they “forgot” to call on time. Then went for a follow up in person. Had four back to back interviews which went okay. Received a follow up email from the HR rep about a week after saying he heard good feedback and would be in touch with the next steps. Then I never heard from anyone again. I sent a follow up but radio silence. Very frustrating especially because I took a day off work and traveled to make the interview. Would not recommend as I’ve heard they were flaky from other people in their interview processes as well.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

I was referred by a friend, and I talked with two different people. The conversation was pretty informal, and they were just trying to get a sense of who I was, my interest in media, and what I saw myself doing in the future. I interviewed on Friday, sent a thank you emails on Monday, followed up 2 Fridays later, and they sent me an email letting me know they went with a different candidate on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest achievement?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online (just resume and cover letter) then made it to following round of online video software interview. Proceeded to final round at NYC headquarters for two panel interviews with two senior managers in each.

Interview Questions

• What's a setback/mistake you've faced in a leadership position and how did you fix it? (not exact wording but something along those lines)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. It was the weekend before Thanksgiving, so the hiring manager was talking about food. He went through the role and requirements and asked if there were any questions.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ViacomCBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Intimate. You meet people on the floor and ask you about past experiences, your goals and what you want to work towards. Want to know if you plan to stay in the field or not

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer