Viagogo Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a 10-minute phone screen interview. The interviewer was very nice. I applied online, then they contacted me via email next day. Then I selected a day through Calendly, and it happened on that day.

Interview Questions

• Do I understand their business model?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Quick phone call with a rude lady. Was invited to an interview and met her. She didn't know what she was doing and couldn't explain what the job was about.
    Met another hippie guy that I couldn't understand his questions because he was stuttering all the time. He was nice but I felt like he was more nervous than me. He was talking about internal processes and asked me about things that only who works there would know about.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

15 minute phone interview. Laid back and not too pressing. Really just trying to see what I felt about the company, how I learnt to programme, and what I was doing in my own time to increase my skill level. No technical questions at this stage. The interviewer let me talk as much as I wanted so I felt this was really a "what sort of person is this guy?" sort of interview

Technical Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I got to the face to face interview and have been declined as a result.

Process consists of:
    Questionnaire: - Some questions about why you chose their company. Remember your answers as they will be a huge topic in your HR interview

HR Interview - Regular questions about their company, how they make profit, about your studies and some personality questions. He will ask you to ellaborate on your questionnaire answers

Technical Interview: - You will speak to 2-3 developers from various teams. They will ask you some programming concepts questions. They will ask you to talk about some of your projects. They might ask you surprise questions here and there, based on what you are saying(e.g what is the difference between Python and Java, Java and C++ etc)

Skill Test: You will be given a week to send an answer to a programming task. This task is of about average difficulty. Mine involved a grid and finding the closest events to a given location, with some extra smaller objectives as well.

Face-to-Face: Lasts about 1h 30m. First session with the developers, almost same questions as in the developer interview, but you will be asked to write on the whiteboard some database or coding task. Be careful what you write on your CV as they will check your knowledge thoroughly. I wrote I have excellent C++ knowledge(which I don't really) and I got several questions from it where I stumbled(probably where I lost the interview)
    Second Session looks at business. You will be asked about what type of events should be featured on their website, what should they prioritize, which are would you improve if you had the perfect plan to improve one area, various questions that don't have a correct answer. This was a difficult interview.

Overall: A nice learning experience, probably would have got the job if I were more careful about my CV contents. A very difficult interview process overall, don't apply if you are not confident on your programming skills.

Technology Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had sent CV through their site. I was then contacted through email about organising a phone screen interview with a HR dude. Very laid back interview, incessant rumbling from his note taking. Just be relaxed and you should be fine, that's were I tripped up as this was the first phone screen I had done . Emailed to be told a high number of applications and no feedback can be given (like every company nowadays). Emailed back asking for feedback for future opportunities, no response. (No harm in trying).

Interview Questions

• How does the company work/make money?
      Why ViaGoGo?
      What interests you about technology?
      Programming languages known?   Answer Question

Graduate Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview and was subsequently asked to complete a report based upon data collected in a case study. The questions were straightforward, although not relevant to the work of a data scientist in my opinion. My report was very well received and I was invited to a face-to-face interview after a couple of hours of submitting it.
    The office based interview process was unprofessional from start to finish. I was repeatedly told I would be meeting certain people only to be presented with somebody else. After the first of two interviews (I was told there would be three), the interviewer abruptly left to attend a meeting and I was left waiting in the interview room for 15 minutes before leaving to prompt the next part of the interview.
    I repeatedly asked my interviewers how the role involved data science, but was met with evasive responses and was eventually told that the job wasn't actually a data scientist role.
    Having been told I would be talking about my report I wasn't asked any questions relating to it.
    I wasn't subsequently contacted by Viagogo and I have never officially been rejected.

Interview Questions

• Write down an SQL script to return data from two tables.   Answer Question
    • Draw graphs relevant to pay-per-click adverts and ticket purchases.   Answer Question

Junior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

First a phone call with the recruiter which had more generic questions about my career goals and what I knew about the company etc. I was told I got through to the next stage which was another phone call but with the developers. However, I did not make it past this stage. The whole process took around a week to two weeks and they replied with feedback on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in software development, and to describe a project I had done.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick process I submitted my CV and was then contacted by a recruiter and arranged a phone screen for the following week. The call was quick, around my motivations and why I wanted to join viagogo. She was friendly and answered my questions.

I was contacted by the end of the week to say I was unsuccessful.

The whole process was very efficient and I was kept well informed at each stage.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted CV, very quickly was offered a phone interview which was strengths based, seemed more like a chat which was nice. Straight away after that I was sent a coding test to complete within 5 days which was to design a system that dealt with seed data on a grid - fairly easy to complete within a few hours and I sent it off the next day (this was at the end of November). However I never heard back from them, despite sending 2 emails to follow up with my application in December and January. Very bad recruitment to not follow up with a test even if it would've been a decline!

GRADUATE POSITION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viagogo (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Initially submitted by CV. Was called and a phone interview arranged. After successfully passing this stage I was invited to complete a case study, involving analysing the data collected from an experiment. After completing this I was invited to the final interview stage.