Viasat Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viasat Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Viasat

2.5

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter and had a phone interview with them. I was asked what my current salary was at my current job. I told them that was private information and then told them my target salary. The recruiter said that was ok, but I would have to reveal my salary eventually if I wanted to be considered. I have been told by other that they require W2s or pay stubs to prove what you make. This is just a way to lowball the candidate. After the initial phone interview they told me I was to move to the next stage by interviewing with the Hiring Manager. After a month or so of no communication, they called me and said they filled the position already. My advice is to avoid ViaSat until they start treating candidates like human beings.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Viasat

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Got the interview on campus. Although I applied for software position, they asked me all hardware questions. Asked me about basic concepts of circuit components. Soon called me again for a second round interview.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, then one-time on-site interview with multiple managers and technical engineers

Interview Questions

• Be careful with the behavior questions, very difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation during the process

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Dropped my resume at career fair, got a call for on-campus interview the next day. Talked to a manager for 30 min where all questions asked were behavioral ones. The interview process went pretty smooth.

Interview Questions

• Just ordinary behavioral questions, easy to answer, nothing surprising.   1 Answer