Viasat Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viasat Human Resources Interview Questions

Interviews at Viasat

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I interviewed with the Company on two separate days. The first day was completely disorganized. I first met with a recruiter who was completely ill-prepared, didn't ask questions or set any expectations. I met with several other leaders that day and most of them talked about their own experience. My follow-up interview was even worst - one of the executives actually had the wrong resume on his hands and thought I was a different person. Overall, perhaps one of the worst interview experiences of my career. The HR organization needs to have a better defined process - the team lost a lot of credibility and by the time I was done, I didn't want to work at Viasat. I sensed that the HR team was a free for all - that building infrastructure was not a priority and instead, led initiatives by consensus.

Interview Questions

• How was it like working for XX company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Viasat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was way too long. I met with over a dozen people over 3-4 months. I came back multiple times and would wait weeks and weeks in between interviews without hearing any updates. I was constantly contacting the company for some sort of update. One person was assigned to schedule the interview it would take weeks before Every interviewer stressed how unique ViaSat's culture was and how not everyone can fit in. They stressed the importance of collaboration but one interviewer told me that its more about consensus where everyone has to agree before a decision is made. This individual seemed frustrated and paranoid about having another person join the team. ViaSat seems to be overly cautious and a bit arrogant about how unique their culture is. People in the community tell me that they have strung candidates they knew along for months who were more than qualified. It's pretty sad for the company to not be willing to take risks and bring in someone who could add a bit of innovation and fresh perspective. Everyone who interviewed me had been with the company over 20 years so I sense they are set in their ways and don't know what it's like outside of their own company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you recovered from this experience   1 Answer
    • How have you made decisions in your past life?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Applied via LI. Cv sat for a month without response. Then contacted and had a tel i/v with US based recruiter which went well and was told I should definitely need to meet Dublin HR and was asked for date availability. Then the black hole opened up. No more contact. Sent chaser emails. Nothing. Proposed date for i/v came and went. Contacted Dublin HR. No response. Finally after a week, got an email saying they had actually decided not to interview me as 'approx 6' other better, stronger (i. e : younger/cheaper) candidates in the mix. As a fellow recruitment professional I found this appalling. Have some respect for co-professionals and don't 'kid a kidder'