Viasat Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viasat Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Viasat

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viasat (Berkeley, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was called on a Monday about two weeks after applying online in April. Got an interview (behavioral/talk about technical projs) for 30 min. No technical questions. Received an offer by Friday.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Viasat

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viasat in March 2018.

Interview

Viasat gave me a very short phone screen and followed up with a phone interview. The phone interview was the easiest I've had. They did not ask me any coding questions, just information about my previous projects or classes. It was just like a conversation with one the software engineers. A few days later, the recruiter called to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some projects you did in your operating systems class?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Technical and Behavioral in-person interview, and a Technical phone interview with the location I would be interning at. Both interviewers where kind, and more than willing to answer all the questions I had about working for ViaSat

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of the "volatile" keyword in C?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Not many behavioral questions -- really just questions about projects I'd done and technical problems to solve. Interviewer wasn't the type it was easy to make connection with -- just asked the questions and wanted answers.

Interview Questions

• Write a program in any language that will continuously print prime numbers until user presses CTRL C.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Viasat (San Diego, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Went to a career fair at San Diego State University. After a brief set of general Computer Science comprehension questions, they scheduled an interview for the next day. It was a very positive environment and the interviewer was very engaged.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I gave them my resume during university career fair and got contacted the next day to schedule an on-campus interview via email. I went and did an on-site interview with one of the interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viasat (San Jose, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through on-campus career fair in October and applied online thereafter. Got a call for a phone interview after around 2 months in January. The interview was pretty simple. It included a thorough resume walk through along with basic technical questions.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at computing focused recruitment event, scheduled on-campus interview for later that week. Sent in a requested online application (specific to my school) that included an unofficial transcript. A week or two later received an email informing me that I was still being considered. After another week or two of no communication, asked about my status and received an offer shortly thereafter.
    Interview consisted of behavioral and puzzle solving/data structure section. Very relaxed interview, interviewer and I both seemed to have fun.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Sacramento, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled a phone interview, which lasted for about an hour and 30 minutes, even though it was scheduled to be about half an hour. I had a very nice conversation with the Engineer at ViaSat.

Interview Questions

• Questions that went deeply into the concepts of Computer Networks, and Operating Systems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (San Diego, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Went to career fair for my university and was offered an onsite interview the next day. The interview was a one on one whiteboard technical that lasted 30min. Waiting for call back

Interview Questions

• Find if a string is in another string   Answer Question
    • Given a directory object that contains files and other directories. How do you print off all the contents of that directory, including the contents of all sub directories.   Answer Question