Viasat Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viasat Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Viasat

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viasat (Duluth, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

My interview was quite some time ago and the process has changed significantly since then. It used to be a laid-back affair. I can offer this bit of advice for any engineer that gains an interview there. Put together a portfolio of projects or products you've successfully completed in the past. Make sure to explain each item according to the SOAR concept (Situation, Obstacle, Action, Result). It doesn't have to be fancy but an engineer should have something to show for experience and skillset.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous projects I'd worked on.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Viasat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Viasat (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Selected from a group of university applicants to tour and get dinner with some team members. Had an interview that went really well. HR rep running the process completely disappeared afterwards. After several email follow ups over several weeks, including some emails where the rep forgot who I was, I was eventually told the position was cancelled. Friends who were also up for the position had the same experience. The HR rep would sporadically email me after about other positions, but then completely disappear again and nothing would come of any of the positions. Each time they would apologize for losing my email for the last position.

Interview Questions

• Least favorite class?   1 Answer
    • Describe the work experience on your resume?   1 Answer
    • Rate your solidworks skills 1-10   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was a normal Phone interview which included technical questions as well as situational questions. They tested my knowledge on materials as well as the steel industry. Asked questions about work experience.