Viasat Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viasat Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at Viasat

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was phoned by an HR representative. She asked many behavioral questions. Next was a technical phone interview by a member of the team that was interviewing me. These questions were mostly about describing personal experience on a project. Object Oriented Programming specific questions were asked as well. Shortly after that, I was invited to interview onsite at their HQ in Carlsbad. All expenses are reimbursed, hotel and rental car are paid for upfront. My interview started out after lunch and went up until the end of the day.

I was asked behavioral questions such as conflict resolution and describing projects. Also, there were a couple of technical questions. One interview was mainly on SQL statements and Excel programming. I did not know Excel programming up front, but it was just an exercise to see if you could look at something and figure it out. Another technical interview was creating a linked list class. Overall, the people who worked there seemed happy and enjoyed working for ViaSat. The office felt like a normal work office, but the Carlsbad area is absolutely beautiful.

The next few days, I was informed that I would be receiving an offer! They proceeded to do a background check and let me know the details of the offer after the background check was complete.

Interview Questions

• Write a linked list class. Make sure it has a method where we can insert a method at a specific index.   1 Answer

I decided to go with an offer which I felt was better for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Viasat

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Had a 4 person interview, lasted approximately 5-6 hours. All persons were professional, asked different questions, and it felt like the interview went bi-directional, with me interviewing the company as much as they were interviewing me. The schedule for interviews was described to me upfront by the HR recruiter, and I was interviewed by all the people they said I would be. A couple of the interviews took place in their "Roast House", which is like a mini-coffee house, that has self-serve coffee and snacks, as well as some sitting furniture for casual business meetings. Really neat spin on the standard interview process, as you didn't feel so pressured in that casual environment.

Interview Questions

• Some technical, but mainly they are concerned with your ability to pick up new information if you are a member of their technical staff (non-engineer). Also, if you can follow processes, think out of the box, and step up to the plate, they will like you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, as they turned down my counter-offer.

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online from the company website. Receive a phone interview after application submitted. Scheduled an onsite interview two weeks after the phone interview, and an offered of the position after the onsite interview one week after.

Interview Questions

• Basic C++ and C# questions. What is it the order of C++ class creation.   Answer Question