Viasat Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 31, 2017

2.7

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA).

Interview

Talk to a recruiter at career fair. Screening with her. Then with an engineer on a phone screening, then flown to Carlsbad for an onsite. An offer came two weeks later. The entire process was about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Viasat

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

I met them from my college career fair, and got an on-campus interview within a week. The interview was 45 min long, and they asked both technical and behavioral questions. After 2 weeks from the inteview, I emailed me back.

Interview Questions

• Simple C++ algorithms, such as finding a shortest path in graph.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I got a referral from a friend. The whole process took about 1 month. First was a phone screen, then onsite with 5 interviewers. Some whiteboard stuff, emphasis on what you put on resume with projects. For my interview, focus was on network programming so questions were primarily on OSI layers, TCP/UDP, IP...etc. Some server design questions, but it was due to project I listed on my resume. Expect in depth questions regarding your resume. Overall, interview experience was pleasant. Most interviewers were very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Reverse linked list and fundamental programming questions (hashmap, runtimes of different sorting algorithms, OO design...etc)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viasat in September 2017.

Interview

It was a behavioral/technical interview. Asked some typical behavioral questions. Also asked about some basic Java things. I am still waiting back to hear if I will be getting an offer.

Application

Interview

This is an on campus interview. I submit the resume in the career fair and get the on campus interview in the next few days. I have a good conversion with the interviewers, but i did not get any response nearly one month. Waste of time.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Amherst, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Fairly Simple, selected from Campus Recruitment. Spoke to the representative at the career fair, they were interested in me since I was a junior now and offered me an interview for the very next day.

Interview Questions

• How to get the duplicate elements from a list of numbers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Pretty negative interviewer experience overall. Started with a phone call where the interviewer immediately started asking negative questions about my lack of experience (what did he expect from a recent college grad?). Then went into logic questions where I had no opportunity to show my actual engineering ability, just my skills for figuring out tricky word problems (something not everyone might have!)

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you start working right out of college?   Answer Question
    • You have eight seemingly identical steel balls and a two arm balance scale. One of the balls is slightly heavier than the others, but you can’t tell which one by just looking at all the balls. Using the scale, what is the least number of times you will need to do a weighing to find out which ball is the heavy one?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viasat in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the new grad and a recruiter got back to me after 3 months. First round was a 60 minute technical phone interview. Started with a few questions based on my projects. Rest of the questions were bases on multi-threading, concurrency and deadlocks. There were no coding questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a deadlock, how to prevent it?
      Scheduling algorithms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viasat (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied at a career fair. There should be two consecutive phone interviews, but the first interviewer forgot to call me. Although they said they would arrange another one for me, they never got back to me afterwards.

Interview Questions

• They asked about your experiences. Some java knowledge including interfaces and classes. They asked some sql knowledge and a basic algorithm problem using stack.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Germantown, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process started at college with a couple of technical rounds and I was then invited to interview onsite. One thing I'd like to point out was the people that interviewed me. They were professional and extremely accommodating. They made me feel comfortable throughout the process and that allowed me to get into a comfort zone. This definitely enabled me to look at the interview as a discussion rather than an exam.

They were very appreciative of my own growth and explained how the company would benefit with me and vice versa. And finally, the people who interviewed me on campus, spoke to me after the interview and gave me actual feedback on where I could improve.

These factors weighed heavily. Having worked before, I know the value of feeling comfortable with the people you work with and feeling like you belong. I chose viasat over better offers due to this.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on string sorting, a few networking questions, OS questions and the rest was on projects implemented and how they were achieved.   2 Answers