Viasat Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viasat Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Viasat

2.5

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview with them which combined a mix of personal/screening and technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Viasat

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

The interview was extremely pleasant and only slightly technical since I didn't have much programming experience at the time. Chatted with a current engineer who talked to me about similar projects I had done in my old job, and asked me one technical question about the difference about two programming languages.

Interview Questions

• What are the main differences between Java and Scala?   1 Answer

Wanted to enter the entertainment industry.

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Made initial contact at the university career fair. Didn't hear back from them for months, then one day HR sends an email saying a manager is interested and wants to interview me. A week later I talked to the manager who I would be interning under and that was it. A few days later HR called to present the internship offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. Intern compensation rates were based on the candidate's year in school.

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viasat (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

HR was very friendly throughout the whole interview process. Interview itself was simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR very friendly. Benefits are competitive

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Dropped off my resume at a career fair, and got a call later for an interview.
    Was asked basic behavioral questions in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a technical challenge you've faced, and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Met at a career fair, got a call back to set up an interview. In person, on campus: Fairly easy interview- implement a linked list. Interviewer liked it when I asked questions about it- i.e. using generics, what methods, singly linked vs. doubly linked, sorted vs unsorted. No hard questions, just basic methods like add and remove.

Interview Questions

• Removing from a linked list- forgot to return the removed data.   Answer Question

Intern-Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Meet with a representative at my university job fair set up an interview date on the spot. During the interview got asked a behavioral question at first "what are your hobbies?" Then got asked about my past experience I had done a research position the summer before. At last got asked a few technical questions. Only had one interview then got offered a summer internship.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the first non-repeating character in a string?   1 Answer
    • Using only two pointers how can you tell if a linked-list cycles?   3 Answers

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viasat in April 2008.

Interview

I was able to meet a few recruiters at a university career fair. The reps seemed very nice and professional. They immediately pointed out a few sections of my resume that caught their eye and I was put on the fast track for an interview and eventually an offer.

The phone interview mainly consisted of just going over my previous academic / work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult team member   2 Answers

Decided to take another internship closer to my university.