Viasat Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viasat Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Viasat

3.3

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Very detailed and long interview with a lot of people. Don't be surprised to meet with 10-12 people in one interview. I see this as a good thing - both parties are looking for a match.

The only issue is the amount of time the process takes. If your skillsets are in demand, and you are interviewing actively, expect to hear from other companies first. I think they are losing the opportunity and missing some good well qualified candidates by taking so long. That is the part that could use some improvement.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your knowledge, how you would handle certain situations given certain variables. No "trick" or "gotcha" questions - just people from within different parts of the team asking technical and behavioral questions. Definitely bring some water with you because you will get cottonmouth from talking so much. This is also a good thing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Viasat

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viasat.

Interview

Had an recruiter phone interview, followed by hiring manager phone interview, followed by an in person half a day interview on campus. There was an hour panel interview after which I had several one on one conversations with individuals from the panel. It was a thorough but quick process. There was ample opportunity for me to ask questions. In fact, come prepared with well thought out questions you want to ask as it is encouraged and shows your interest.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few homework questions ahead of time and had to prepare a presentation with my answers. I then presented in front of a panel and had to answer follow up questions on the fly.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viasat in September 2011.

Interview

I did a background check and current / historical stock price analysis on the company and it's subsidiaries. The interview was a panel interview with 5 attendees and me. There were a few scenarios that I was asked to analyze and then I was tested on my ability to give instructions using 2 sets of colored blocks of different sizes. One set was arranged in a 3 dimensional pattern which I had to describe to a person standing behind me with another set of the same identical blocks. I was to walk the person through the layout and see if I could describe the orientation and end up with the same identical orientation. I was largely successful however I was not 100% missing the orientation of two of the blocks. The rest of the interview consisted of Q&A and lasted approximately 3 hours. I found the office staff and culture to be light-hearted - the dress was casual as I anticipated in an engineering environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe the path that a given signal transverses from the input to the output...   1 Answer