Vibes Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CRM Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Obnoxiously long. I'm still in the middle of it. The HR rep that is assigned to me is awkward and cancels phone calls (that will last less than 5 minutes) for "work related emergencies".

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied for a position. Was rejected, they claimed they went with another candidate. Then I saw a job ad for the same exact position that was posted the day before my rejection e-mail's date.

They're so busy, they have no time to hire people, and when talent gets in there, they can't even make up their mind if they're still hiring or not. Very disorganized and did not give me a good "vibe."

Senior Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Was quickly brought in for a four hour interview post-phone screen. Then a homework assignment which I quickly turned around. Three weeks of radio silence in spite of my follow ups. Requested feedback on the assignment when I told them I received another offer, got a form rejection note.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process is one word: LONG. I went in for a 3 hour interview with 7 different people, needed to conduct 2 more 30 minute plus phone interviews, had a follow up call, another interview, and then had to come in for another 2 hours. I have never seen an interview process so long for a seemingly entry level position.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous sales experience related to this role?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There is a lot of back and forth between hiring managers, stakeholders and HR. C-level executives are involved in the process, too. There is clear disconnect between the needs of the company and the desires of the hiring manager. Be prepared to spend a minimum of two full days meeting with various team members and a full day participating in a top grade interview. In addition to questions about relevant work history, be prepared to answer questions about your personal life and personal experiences. If you're a minority, you're likely to undergo additional scrutiny. Sadly the company is more interested in who you know and window shopping than hiring stellar and qualified rockstar employees. The office is cluttered, people seem over worked and under appreciated and roles are still being defined. HR is disorganized at best and rarely follows up as promised.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

Really great. Lots of time involved but very thorough and detailed.

There was an interview with hr, then the teams, then a final interview called the topgrade with a presentation.....

The topgrade interview was very challenging and took about 3 hours but I think it makes a lot of sense. It's a way to make sure it's the right fit for both parties involved, which I really appreciate.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on-line - quick intro call within the first week. I was then supposed to talk to someone else in H.R. First The HR Specialist is probably why this position is still open 2 months later. There is definitely lack of accountability at this company I thought to myself - do I really want to work for a company when you start off with such a negative and unprofessional experience? No.
    HR emailed one minute before the interview claiming she was caught up in a two hour meeting on Friday at 3:30. I emailed back other times for the following week and never heard back. My phone rings on Wed the next week and HR left a message stating she thought we had a call today, but then looked at her email and she forgot to hit "send".
    I never called back, no thanks - please try to respect other people's time and first impressions are everything!

Interview Questions

• General background info of your resume - quick and easy.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

The interview process was a little longer than anticipated. I had a 45 minute phone interview where they had me go through my resume and explained the internship--pretty typical. A week later they called and had me come in for a live interview. I was interviewed by three people back-to-back where I kind of had to repeat myself. No surprising questions. Just have fun and make sure you research the company and industry.

Interview Questions

• Know current trends in mobile marketing just to really show you know your stuff   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A The internship is unpaid

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online back in November. In January, I received an email request for a phone interview. Odd, but ok. I went ahead with the phone interview, which was short and to the point. On the phone, I was asked to come in for an in-person, and would receive information on scheduling. Received a prompt response for scheduling a time, and set up an in-person for the following week, which I was told would take upwards of two hours. I met with 4 different people, including HR, and answered the same standard questions. Was told that the hiring process would be quick, as they were short-staffed and looking to bring someone in ASAP. I said that worked perfectly and asked if I didn't hear back, if I could follow up. HR assured me that I would hear back. Over a week later, I still had yet to hear anything and sent an email asking about the process. Was informed that the process had been slowed down by people's travel schedules, and that I would hear back within the week or next week. Reached out AGAIN when I still hadn't heard anything, and got no response. I found this completely rude and unprofessional considering that I was one of the top candidates for the role (and had been told that in conversations). A lack of rejection is worse than a prompt response saying "thanks, but no thanks." Would not apply again-- waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• They were all standard questions about my work experience. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vibes (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a great phone interview, during which the recruiter mentioned I would continue on in the interview process. I was so excited! One week went by and I heard nothing so I emailed to follow up - no response. The next day I called her, no response. THEN I emailed the recruiter (that first told me about the position) and she didn't respond either. I was pretty disappointed. It's totally OK with me if you decided to go with other candidates (even AFTER you mentioned I was being invited in for an in - person interview) but couldn't you respond to my follow up? I'm so glad I never heard back because I found something else that I now feel was a better fit. At the time I was very disappointed.