Viceroy Hotel Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viceroy Hotel Group Interview Questions

2.4

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

The first time I applied to Viceroy as Supervisor, they informed me I was a great fit but that I didn't seem quite ready. They promised me Front Office Agent for time being until I could "prove" my qualities. I did agree and was hired for agent, when I went to sign the doc.'s I noticed it said PBX agent, leaving me dissappointed with no choice (they claimed they didnt have an opening for Front Desk). I was stuck in a back & forth rut between PBX, front desk, and condo agent every week something different. Months later I reapplied for Supervisor, i was informed by a manager that I was being interviewed as a 'courtesy'. On a shift I received a random call for a pop-up interview and then was given a final with "management" on the following Monday. That Monday I slept about 3 hours given a back to back and my meeting was at 10AM. When I came in there was a line of guests leading outside the lobby doors with 2 new agents struggleing in the front (no managers present due to 10 AM manager meeting). I emailed "management" to cancel my interview to assist the FD no email response was received. I was informed at around 4PM that "management" would see me at 5:30PM (the end of my busy shift).
    Still prepared, I performed in my interview and was interrupted by texting twice and a phone call, this was the most unprofessionally conducted interview I had ever received... at that moment I was truly dissappointed in Viceroy and sought out new employment.

Interview Questions

• Would you hang out with your colleagues?   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Brief phone interview. Then brought in for in person, met with 2 people from HR. Then met with 2 more people on the specific team I worked for. They were very direct and questions were geared to figuring out work ethic and compatability. They wanted to see if I would fit into the company culture.

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews
    first one phone call
    second hiring manager/practical
    third Human resources interview

spoke to the manager for about an hour in person about myself and what steps Ive taken in my career.Then did a practical 1 hour massage to another manager which went very well.

Interview Questions

• what does luxury mean to me?   1 Answer

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

I interviewed at their corporate office in Downtown LA. Though the office itself seemed quite a bit dated and spartan (which surprised me a but considering how modern and luxurious many of their hotels are), I know this is the norm in the industry, and it seemed like an overall positive working environment. I have no complaints whatsoever about my actual interview - my interviewer was kind and asked all the standard questions. Nothing out of the ordinary or particularly memorable.

I did, however, find issue with their behavior post-interview. I sent a thank you letter and even followed up by email to check in a week later - nothing. This was after my interviewer had said before I left that they would definitely email or call me to let me know of their status (even if I wasn't chosen to come in again, kind of thing, which I appreciated). My kind personal emails to my interviewer went unanswered. If this were a huge corporation with a billion employees and open positions they're trying to fill (like Google) I understand. But this is a boutique hotel group.

I obviously wasn't in the running - fine. I now know it wasn't the right job for me anyway so all definitely worked out for the best (as the universe tends to do!) and there are no hard feelings, but I do have an issue with someone who doesn't follow up on their word. I especially have an issue with this when you are literally in the business of providing world-class customer service. To not respond to a completely non-threatening, check-in email and/or phone call honestly just left a sour taste in my mouth. I now manage and hire people for my new company and can tell you that this behavior is unacceptable. I know how much work and stress goes into the interview process when you're looking for a job - the least one can do as a hiring manager is honor the interviewee and the work they have put in to their meeting with you with a simple email or phone call follow-up.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? (This is not a very unexpected question but it can sometimes be a tricky one)   Answer Question

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy since it took about three weeks to go through the many interviews at different stages. The questions about the actual position were in depth and pertaining to how I could contribute to the success of the hotel in such a competitive market as Santa Monica. The fell of the interview was casual since it was done mostly over coffee or appetizers at the restaurant of the hotel. The staff made me feel welcome and open to my fresh ideas.

Assistant Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group (Miami, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

Panel interview process. At the time they did not seem prepared as they did not seem prepared. although it was a panel interview, I did not f.eel tense as the atmosphere was relaxed. The GM, HRD, Director of Accounting and FOM were present.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my experience form the Ritz Carlton   Answer Question

Events Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2012.

Interview

It was quite simple, First to apply in their career site, Their HR sent me an email to first interview with Assistant Dir of HR & Director of Sales & Marketing for personal interview then to met with Hotel Manager,

Interview Questions

• Not that to difficult, questions are like, asking my experiences, strength & weaknesses. E.g, tell me about the time that you have to deal with unhappy clients.   Answer Question

Director of Health and Wellness Interview

Anonymous Employee in Soufrière (Saint Lucia)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group (Soufrière (Saint Lucia)) in March 2010.

Interview

Director of HR will process the initial paperwork, then Director of Rooms will do a 1-1 interview, person who is head of the department will show the person around the department and do their own technical questions interview, finally GM will do a 1-1 interview with the candidate. They all get together and discuss the individual reviews

Interview Questions

• can you work in a diverse culture with un-education people   Answer Question

Opening Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group in June 2009.

Interview

Met with the General Manager and talked in his office for a little while. He asked me to return in the afternoon and took me on a tour of the new buildings. I also met the Director of Human Resources. They were both great people. Since the project was in the pre-opening stage, I had to wait until the hotel opened to start the position and I could not wait until then.

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Viceroy Hotel Group in January 2008.

Interview

Went well overall, not very much food and beverage oriented at the property I interviewed. Company is fairly small and is just getting off the ground with it's brands.

Interview Questions

• Take me through a typical day in your current position?   Answer Question