Victoria's Secret Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.1

110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Mentor, OH).

Interview

This was the most time wasting process ever. I applied on a Wednesday and I got a call on a Thursday I arrive 15 minutes early "you no to make my self look good " when I arrived I was told to wait until 4:00 and that she was not coming out until then 4:00 came she still was not ready. 4:15 came she was ready with two other girls we then had are interview (Group)which was ok. She then asked at then end was my availability on my app accurate and the said she would be in touch with me. On Sunday night at 11:15pm I was sent a email say I was not moving forward and if my availability changes let them no😡 My thing is you saw my availability on my app why would you waste my time calling me in!!!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got called the next day. Set up an interview with one of the managers and the other candidate. The interview I felt went amazing I had experience which the other girl did not and I answered the questions I felt really well. Was I perfect? Hell no? She said that we would for sure know by the end of the day however, she never let me know which was so unprofessional and rude. She said we would either get an decline email or a phone call to set up a second interview with the store manager. However, I got neither.

Interview Questions

• Why VS?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What makes you happy?   Answer Question
    • What/Is something challenging for you at your last/current job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when someone pushed you to be better and what was the end result.   Answer Question
    • Why do you like customer service?   Answer Question
    • What company have you worked for you that you see has a deep culture/value and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a call about a week later for an interview. The interview was one on one with the two managers. I answered most of their questions with how I will benefit VS. WEAR ALL BALCH BUSINESS CASUAL. This is what an employee would wear and they love to see that you already fit the part. Be enthusiastic, while waiting for the interview, interact with other workers, if they like you they are most likely going to tell the interviewer that you are a likeable sociable person.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite VS item?   1 Answer
    • How will you benefit VS?   1 Answer
    • What is your proudest moment that youve had with a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be positive

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Normal interview with typical interview questions asked. I interviewed with two managers. They were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They told me about themselves as well and told me what the company is about. I left the interview feeling confident about the job and extremely eager to start!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i applied in person and got a call maybe 4 days later. i was asked to come in for an interview. it was a group interview. Asked us both the same questions. took about maybe 20 min. i got a call back maybe around 3 days later telling me i got the job and asked to come in for training/on-boarding. completed paperwork that same day.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      what are your hobbies?
      how would you help an employee find the perfect bra?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (New York, NY).

Interview

I went into the store to shop. I left after having a conversation with a hiring manager. I was then told to apply online and was called within a few days. I then met with the managers and was offered a position on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Victoria's Secret online. This is my second time interviewing with them within the past 2 months. It was me and one other candidate interviewing for the position. The manager asked basic sales questions. If you have retail experience or any type of customer service background, this interview will be easy for you. They also asked questions about handling different situations. The manager asked for our references and that was the end of the interview. The manager stated she would contact our references then contact us. She gave us a time frame between Monday and Tuesday, but I never heard back. Don't waste your time interviewing with them. This is the second time I haven't been offered the position and I have years of retail experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle tasking to make it more efficient and done faster?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Valley Stream, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

i applied online, was called a couple of days later. It was a very easy interview, felt more like conversation. My interviewer was a man, asked me more of what i would like out of them rather than what could i do for them. Interview didn't last very long

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They Put us in a room & split us into 2 groups of about 15-18 people. One half went to the front of the room with a manager while we stayed in the back with 2 managers. The two women introduced themselves & asked everyone to say their name. After everyone said their name they asked us to answer some questions and asked who wanted to go first or do they need to call randomly. I went first because everyone was just looking around & I like taking initiative. After everyone went they asked some random questions about availability & if hired would we be willing to leave current job if anybody had one. We filled out availability sheet along with what position we wanted. They collected the papers & the 2 managers from my group plus the one manager from the front group left the room. After about 5 minutes, One of the ladies from my group came back into the room with clipboard and said " if I call your name, please stand up & follow me". After all the names were called, there were only 4 people from my group left, me included and about 12 from the front group. The other lady & man came back and called names to come to a computer. I was second called. She told me that I was hired and told me position. Asked me pay of my last job and told me what they would pay me then asked if I accepted, I said yes ! ! Everyone left in the room had gotten hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• 1. Restate Your Name
      2. Where Did You Work Last?
      3. Your Role & Responsibilities ?
      4. Why Did You Leave?
      5. 3 Words To Describe Yourself
      6. 3 Words Your Manager Would Use To Describe You
      7. Something That You're Passionate About   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a 3 step interview. I was hired seasonal so it was a bit different. There was hundreds of people in one office space getting interviewed at the same time and they would send you to a second interview I'd they liked you. Then, the third interview was just go tell you, you got the job. All they asked me was why I wanted to work in Victoria's Secret, what I liked about the company, what position I saw myself doing, and what did I know about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would say you failed in?   1 Answer