Victoria's Secret Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,034 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,034 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret.

Interview

There were 2 interviewees and 6 people interviewing. They would take turns asking questions and you would go around answering, in no particular order. Be prepared for scenario questions. Applied online, but a friend referred me.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call on the same day to schedule an interview for the following day. 30 minute long group interview with 2 people and the store manager. It took place in one of the back offices of the store. The store manager was very friendly and provided a positive and relaxed environment. 4 questions were asked (including 2 of the managers favorite company values) and we were allowed to answer in any order. When asking the interviewer some questions, she mentioned that it is the most difficult job she has ever had.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Victoria's Secret?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time when you showed compassion? (Company Value 1/5)   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure each customer is met with great customer service even when it is busy? (Company Value 2/5)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I got a call 2 weeks after submitting a application online, it was a group interview with 6 other people and we where asked to one by one talk about our selves and our hobbies.
    The interview was quick no longer than 25 minutes and very easy. And we were told that by the end of the day we’ll get a response back on there decision. And hour later I got an email saying I was hired

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online via brand website and received a call a couple of days later to discuss my availabity and understanding of the seasonal position. Was asked a few interview questions and was asked to come in for a group interview. I asked what the dress would be for the interview and she said you don't need to come in all business professional. Dress code is black, so come wearing your most fashionable black attire.
    My group interview consisted of 4 people
    and we were told they had just completed 3 other group interviews that day as well.
    When arriving they have you walk the store until the interview starts. Use this time to show how easy you are to talk to strangers. Chat with the other interviewees. The manager was definitely watching! After a few minutes we were taken into the back office and sat down in an L shaped seating. The manager went over the position, introduced the assistant manager and informed us that we would all be given the chance to answer each question.
    Questions went around and if someone hadn't answered you were called upon to give an answer if you had one. One girl consistently had to be called upon and funny thing was is she always had an answer. I don't know if it was wise for her to have been so quiet.
    Afterward we were given the chance to ask our questions. Think of your question before going in. Make it a genuine question that has to do with the company. "How much is the pay?" Is an alright question but "I love VS products, so I can't help but wonder how difficult it is to sell a product that in my opinion sells itself?" is a MUCH better question! You are there because you want the job and you know the pay is probably at minimum or a little above. Ask a question that will truly benefit you. Shows you are prepared to learn.
    That night I got a call offering me the position. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What is your personal strength and where is your given opportunity (within this position)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a group interview process where i was told in advance to come in wearing my favorite pink outfit . I didn't know it was going to be a group interview until I got there.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Mentor, OH).

Interview

This was the most time wasting process ever. I applied on a Wednesday and I got a call on a Thursday I arrive 15 minutes early "you no to make my self look good " when I arrived I was told to wait until 4:00 and that she was not coming out until then 4:00 came she still was not ready. 4:15 came she was ready with two other girls we then had are interview (Group)which was ok. She then asked at then end was my availability on my app accurate and the said she would be in touch with me. On Sunday night at 11:15pm I was sent a email say I was not moving forward and if my availability changes let them no😡 My thing is you saw my availability on my app why would you waste my time calling me in!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Louisville, KY).

Interview

They had you as a group of four people to interview each other. You were to introduce yourself then each person was to show off their selling skills, by selling the interviewer a pen.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Fresno, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied and received a call for an interview about a week later. My interview was the very next day at 5:15. It was fairly easy, I was interviewed by the general manager and she asked me 3 behavioral questions pertaining to my experience (or lack thereof). We walked around the store to meet the employees working that hour so I can get a feel of what they do every day and what their job entails. It was really cool! She asked for my availability and if I was okay with changing jobs and duties and working late at night and early in the morning for receiving shipments and I said yes, I was available and okay with that. I asked her 2 questions: one on any chances of seasonal associates turning into permanent hires and if she liked working there. Then she told me that she'd let me know by Thursday if I got hired. Today is the following day after the interview and I was received a call at 10 in the morning saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a customer happy and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grapevine, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Grapevine, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Very fast process. Applied online, maybe one week later they called for a phone screening (Sunday)..the screening lasted no longer than 10 mins. The interviewing supervisor scheduled an interview for the following day. The interview took place inside the Victoria Secret Store (Monday), on the sales floor. The manager made it a comfortable experience, last maybe 10 to 15 mins. After the interview, i was told she would review my application with another supervisor. The next day (Tuesday) i received a call letting me know i got the job. I Start Sunday.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied to VS and they gave me a call approximately a week later. They called for an interview 2 days later and when I went in it ended up being a group interview (which wasn't mentioned) but it turned out pretty easier than a 1-1 interview in my opinion. After the interview, she said she'd call two days later after all her other interviews but she called me back the next evening. Overall I'd give an 8/10 process.