Victoria's Secret Stores Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

1.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Interview

It was brief and swift. The interview took place in the mall. It lasted for about 10 minutes. I arrive early, they asked a few questions and they contacted me shortly after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Submitted the application in person in the store and was interviewed on the spot by a manager. This was also about to begin hiring for the holidays so I dont believe this usually happens so quickly. I was hired within a week after the interview and began training as soon as I was hired.

Interview Questions

• I believe the most difficult question is the same at e very interview. Why should we hire you over anyone else. This requires that you are sincere in your desire to work with said company.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

A short, two hour interview which was composed of 4 key elements. It was an assessment center and there were 7 of us. There was an icebreaker activity (introduce yourself with 1 thing not on your CV). Part 1 was a group activity (build the tallest tower out of newspaper and sellotape). Part 2 was a 'one-to-one' interview in front of the whole group. Everyone was asked 3 different questions. Several people, including myself, were given a chance to answer a second question on each topic. Part 3 was a sales pitch, we were given a 'customer' and asked to choose the appropriate item then try to sell it to them. Part 4 was for us to ask the employers questions.

Interview Questions

• Your customer says she is just browsing and does not have enough money to buy anything until pay day. Sell something to her.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time recently when you received bad customer service.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you faced a problem in a team and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was very straight forward. They just asked a few behavioral questions and interviewed me on the spot. I really enjoyed the interview and the people I worked with.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in April 2010.

Interview

Got there early like is advised, dressed in black like I was instructed. When I told them I was there for an interview they told me to hang around the store and they would come get me when it was time. Ended up talking to another person interviewing, which by the way I was not told that it would be a group interview, the person I spoke to gave me the impression it would a a 1:1 interview. We went to the nearby food court for a group interview which seemed to go well, though our interview had to run back to the store because she had the wrong application for one of the other two girls. The interviewer said we'd get a call within a week regardless of if we were hired or not. Around a week later, no call but a I got a pre-printed card in the mail pretty much telling me I wasn't what they were looking for. I was a bit annoyed that they said they would call and they sent out a long drawn out card that was pretty much all about them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been involved in a confrontation with a co-worker   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2008.

Interview

Associates have a group interview where the interviewer will ask everyone in an open forum to see who stands out for both good and bad reasons. Dress all in black, like you already work there, and as professional as possible. Answer every question as close to first as possible and be patient with the other girls in the group. Take your turn.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw someone take a five out of the register?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation with wage. They have to hire every associate at the same rate depending on your store volume. You either want to work for the brand at what they are willing to offer or they will find someone who does.