Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.5

Sales and Support Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2017.

Interview

I filled out an app around March 9. The following Saturday I got a call asking me to come in for an interview the next day. It was a group interview, me and seven other girls. Basic interview questions. That Monday I got a call asking me to come in for a second interview. She pretty much asked the same questions. I thought I did fine until I got an automated email saying they were continuing on with other candidates. What a waste of my time 😒

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you helped your boss in making a decision that helped the team.   Answer Question

Assistant Merchant - Beauty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Made me uncomfortable - it seemed like the recruiter already made her decision on me as an applicant before she even asked me any questions. She asked why I left my previous role and to "walk me through your resignation and how that happened," as if she wanted the whole play-by-play. Excuse me? So unprofessional. Glad it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• So you resigned? Your manager was okay with that? Walk me through your resignation and how that happened.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to the office level at the 34th Street location. I had an interview with a lady. The interview was really quick. It was only about 5-7 minutes. She only asked you a few questions and then she said thank you and that they would call me or email in a few days about their decision.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Johnson City, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Let me start off by saying, this was a group interview. I was not informed of this and it blindsided me. I am glad I did not get the job though... Sales work...meaning you have quotas that you cannot meet and thus are fired. I interviewed here and the recruiter was rude. She was smart enough not to say anything, but her actions spoke volumes. It was clear from the beginning who she would hire. The interviewer snubbed a 40 something woman and myself from the get go as she immediately asked a new question once her thin blonde interviewee and her obvious chosen one had answered. It felt like an immense waste of my time. But I was willing to let it go up until I caught her shooting me the up and down glance that thin women give to women of size. Even in letting me know I did not get the job, they were rude and tacky. They sent me an email at three in the morning the day after I was supposed to hear back. That was the final straw. I will not be working there, obviously, but my business and the business of all my friends will be going to Torrid and other friendly establishments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to report a coworker for theft or otherwise illegal behavior.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Roseville, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call around 11:30 asking if I could come in for an interview at 1:30, and the lady on the phone asked me a few basic screening questions, such as why I wanted to work at Victoria Secret, my availability, what do you think is the requirement to work there, etc. Then I proceeded to a back office once I got there, and sat down across from the inteviewer in an office chair. There, she began to ask me some basic questions, such as previous work experience, why I would be a good fit for VS, and how I feel about being able to do bra fitting on customers. The whole interview lasted about 15 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the bra fitting aspects of Victoria Secret, and how would you make a client feel relaxed and comfortable while fitting them?   Answer Question
    • What previous work experience do you have in retail?   Answer Question
    • Would you be able to meet the end of the month sales goals and are comfortable with this idea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online got a call the next day. Schedule interview for the day after. First interview was a group interview. Later I got called for a second interview for the next day with another manager. She interviewed me standing in the store front where we were constantly interrupt and she kept walking away to do stuff.

Interview Questions

• Weakness ?
      Strength ?
      Why work here ?
      A time you went above and beyond for a customer ?
      Answer Question

Sales & Support Generalist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Hello, I would gladly like to work for Victoria's secret brand since I've always love it.
    I had worked before in a apparel store (joy's fashion) so I consider I have enough experience on sales, customer care, unpacking and organizing the product, wrapping it and cashier.
    I have a positive attitude caring for the clients and willing to learn new things if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to learn new things if is necessary?   1 Answer
    • Are you looking for full time or part time job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Yonkers, NY).

Interview

She ask easy questions. Very generous . I work at v.s before I just wanted to work at a new location . It a small store and I dressed ver professionally. I arrive on time while the girl was late .

Interview Questions

• Why Victoria secret ? What position and why ? General questions   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

The first lady very professional and outgoing. The 2nd lady had me wait over 30 min and was rude and bitter. She said why would anyone with a degree want to work at VS. Also, she tried to fish for my age and wad rude. She made an assumption I graduated college in 1990 when it was 10 years afterwards.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   Answer Question
    • when did you graduate college and why would someone with a degree want to work at VS.

she seemed bitter she never finished her undergrad in Education
      Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Victoria's Secret online. This is my second time interviewing with them within the past 2 months. It was me and one other candidate interviewing for the position. The manager asked basic sales questions. If you have retail experience or any type of customer service background, this interview will be easy for you. They also asked questions about handling different situations. The manager asked for our references and that was the end of the interview. The manager stated she would contact our references then contact us. She gave us a time frame between Monday and Tuesday, but I never heard back. Don't waste your time interviewing with them. This is the second time I haven't been offered the position and I have years of retail experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle tasking to make it more efficient and done faster?   Answer Question