Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,480 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,480 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

although i did know someone within the store already, she really only got me an interview and of course i had to get the job myself. they called and scheduled an interview which was a group interview when i showed up. i was nervous because i didnt have previous retail experience BUT neither did the rest of the group i was with so once i figured that out i felt less nervous.
    although its cliche, for this type of interview truly be yourself and stand out in a positive way, it was revealed to me later they look for positive people who have a growth mindset.
    WEAR ALL BLACK and a cute necklace/shoes
    once i was called for a second interview employees were talking to my interviewer beforehand and were commenting that i made their dress code which put a great impression already for this second interview.
    the second interview was one-on-one with the store manager and i truly loved her and felt comfortable. overall she explained to me she remembered me from the first interview and just wanted to get to know me. We would talk and occasionally she would asked me interview questions, but they were simple questions. then in the same interview she told me they would notify me when i will train and i got the job! good luck

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Concord, CA).

Interview

This was at a PINK store. it was a group interview and it was only 2 other girls and myself. the sales manager interviewed us and basically just talked the whole time and only asked us 3 questions but 2 of them were basically the same thing.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

They called and I had an interview the next day. I was told to dress professionally in all black. The interview was with one other person. They called later that day and I got the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a call about a week later for an interview. The interview was one on one with the two managers. I answered most of their questions with how I will benefit VS. WEAR ALL BALCH BUSINESS CASUAL. This is what an employee would wear and they love to see that you already fit the part. Be enthusiastic, while waiting for the interview, interact with other workers, if they like you they are most likely going to tell the interviewer that you are a likeable sociable person.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite VS item?   1 Answer
    • How will you benefit VS?   1 Answer
    • What is your proudest moment that youve had with a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be positive

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Thousand Oaks, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call within a couple days. Went in to a group interview a couple days later. All interviews are on Mondays and it's very chill the interviewers are super outgoing

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume/work experience. Why victoria's secret?   Answer Question
    • Whats a strength and opportunity? (opportunity means weakness)   Answer Question
    • Would you see yourself working the back of the store or the front of the store?   Answer Question
    • How do you take criticism?   Answer Question

Sales and Support Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2017.

Interview

Group interview setting comfortable and pretty easy to get through. Interviewer worked there 10+ years, enjoys it, represented the brand company well. Interview started a bit late, which helped calm the nerves and ran a bit longer than expected but not bad.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you've had to set a goal and what you did to achieve it   Answer Question
    • Have you worked for a culture that was just the best place to work for before?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you've had a restricted time constraint and what you did to meet it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Erie, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online three weeks ago, got a call & had a phone interview, then schedule an interview for when I got back home from college. Had the interview at 3pm the day after I got home and was called by 7pm to tell me I got the job! The manager was very nice and the interview itself was very casual.

Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Edison, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy, so nice and chill! The manager was so nice. The atmosphere felt so good to be a part of. It feels empowering to be able to work with women.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think it's important to be genuine at Victoria's secret   1 Answer

Sales Associate and Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application and got call that there was a hiring event for majority of the stores in the city between 9 am-12pm.

It was a bunch of other applicants waiting I the back room as well. The first person I met was the same person who called for me to come in. She was super sweet and I usually get nervous during interviews but she was so fun and smiled the whole time, so I did fine. She told me to go to the back room and wait.

After all the other applicants were interviewed by her another manager came to get everyone and brought us to another office there were three managers including the one to get us. They had each of us speak individually in front of each other about our prior job experiences. They ask each and everyone of us different questions based off what we said about our experience. All three of the managers were extremely nice (all from different stores)

I received a call to come in for another interview with the general manager of the store, he was also very nice. He asked me general interview questions and basically added onto the other managers questions.

Sales and Support Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Seattle, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Only one interview. I've read about others having to go through multiple interviews steps though I.E phone interview, a second, and a third interview. So be prepared if there's more than one interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had multiple things to do. How did you decide which to prioritize first?   Answer Question