Victoria's Secret Stores Sales Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Victoria's Secret Stores Sales Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Ontario, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a call about a week later for an interview. The interview was one on one with the two managers. I answered most of their questions with how I will benefit VS. WEAR ALL BALCH BUSINESS CASUAL. This is what an employee would wear and they love to see that you already fit the part. Be enthusiastic, while waiting for the interview, interact with other workers, if they like you they are most likely going to tell the interviewer that you are a likeable sociable person.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite VS item?   1 Answer
    • How will you benefit VS?   1 Answer
    • What is your proudest moment that youve had with a customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be positive

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Normal interview with typical interview questions asked. I interviewed with two managers. They were very friendly and made me feel comfortable. They told me about themselves as well and told me what the company is about. I left the interview feeling confident about the job and extremely eager to start!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i applied in person and got a call maybe 4 days later. i was asked to come in for an interview. it was a group interview. Asked us both the same questions. took about maybe 20 min. i got a call back maybe around 3 days later telling me i got the job and asked to come in for training/on-boarding. completed paperwork that same day.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself?
      what are your hobbies?
      how would you help an employee find the perfect bra?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

I went into the store to shop. I left after having a conversation with a hiring manager. I was then told to apply online and was called within a few days. I then met with the managers and was offered a position on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to Victoria's Secret online. This is my second time interviewing with them within the past 2 months. It was me and one other candidate interviewing for the position. The manager asked basic sales questions. If you have retail experience or any type of customer service background, this interview will be easy for you. They also asked questions about handling different situations. The manager asked for our references and that was the end of the interview. The manager stated she would contact our references then contact us. She gave us a time frame between Monday and Tuesday, but I never heard back. Don't waste your time interviewing with them. This is the second time I haven't been offered the position and I have years of retail experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle tasking to make it more efficient and done faster?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Valley Stream, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

i applied online, was called a couple of days later. It was a very easy interview, felt more like conversation. My interviewer was a man, asked me more of what i would like out of them rather than what could i do for them. Interview didn't last very long

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

They Put us in a room & split us into 2 groups of about 15-18 people. One half went to the front of the room with a manager while we stayed in the back with 2 managers. The two women introduced themselves & asked everyone to say their name. After everyone said their name they asked us to answer some questions and asked who wanted to go first or do they need to call randomly. I went first because everyone was just looking around & I like taking initiative. After everyone went they asked some random questions about availability & if hired would we be willing to leave current job if anybody had one. We filled out availability sheet along with what position we wanted. They collected the papers & the 2 managers from my group plus the one manager from the front group left the room. After about 5 minutes, One of the ladies from my group came back into the room with clipboard and said " if I call your name, please stand up & follow me". After all the names were called, there were only 4 people from my group left, me included and about 12 from the front group. The other lady & man came back and called names to come to a computer. I was second called. She told me that I was hired and told me position. Asked me pay of my last job and told me what they would pay me then asked if I accepted, I said yes ! ! Everyone left in the room had gotten hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• 1. Restate Your Name
      2. Where Did You Work Last?
      3. Your Role & Responsibilities ?
      4. Why Did You Leave?
      5. 3 Words To Describe Yourself
      6. 3 Words Your Manager Would Use To Describe You
      7. Something That You're Passionate About
      1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a 3 step interview. I was hired seasonal so it was a bit different. There was hundreds of people in one office space getting interviewed at the same time and they would send you to a second interview I'd they liked you. Then, the third interview was just go tell you, you got the job. All they asked me was why I wanted to work in Victoria's Secret, what I liked about the company, what position I saw myself doing, and what did I know about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would say you failed in?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 2 days later I got a call from the store asking be to come in for an interview. They asked me to bring my resume in with me. They briefly looked over my resume and retail experience and asked me to come in for a second interview that same day. The next interview I was scared that it would be a group interview because there were four people waiting to be interviewed but it was another one on one with a different manager in the store. Very relaxed interview and they said they would call back within a week saying if I got the job or not. I'm still waiting for them to call back.

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

The interview at first was a little intimidating because there were a lot of people. There were three groups and at least 8 people in each. The interview itself was actually really easy. Everyone sat in a circle and was told to tell everyone who they are and a little bit about themselves, etc. It probably took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer