Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017
1,414 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Filled out resume in store and received phone call from management a few days later to schedule interview. First met with store manager for laid-back interview and later on with regional manager, which had more professional tone.

Interview Questions

• Why Victoria's Secret? Sell this pen to me. Optimal hours?

Basic behavioral interview questions specific to retail
      Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

I went into the store to shop. I left after having a conversation with a hiring manager. I was then told to apply online and was called within a few days. I then met with the managers and was offered a position on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

It was a group interview with two other women. They asked us questions ranging from why we were interested in the position, to how we would handle hypothetical situations. Both myself and the two other women in the group interview were hired.

Interview Questions

• If a customer is returning an unsatisfied/defective product, how would you handle the return?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Wellington, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview which I was nervous about. But it really wasn't that bad at all. It was comforting. My advice is to make yourself stand out. Volunteer to answer the questions and don't wait to be called on. Try to show passion and enthusiasm for the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had good customer service and then name a time you had bad customer service.   Answer Question
    • Where did you previously work and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What's your availability?   Answer Question
    • Can you work the weekends? Can you work Thanksgiving and Black Friday?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nope, they offered 10 an hour and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Applied online got a call the next day. Schedule interview for the day after. First interview was a group interview. Later I got called for a second interview for the next day with another manager. She interviewed me standing in the store front where we were constantly interrupt and she kept walking away to do stuff.

Interview Questions

• Weakness ?
      Strength ?
      Why work here ?
      A time you went above and beyond for a customer ?
      Answer Question

Sales & Support Generalist Interview

Application

Interview

Hello, I would gladly like to work for Victoria's secret brand since I've always love it.
    I had worked before in a apparel store (joy's fashion) so I consider I have enough experience on sales, customer care, unpacking and organizing the product, wrapping it and cashier.
    I have a positive attitude caring for the clients and willing to learn new things if necessary.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to learn new things if is necessary?   1 Answer
    • Are you looking for full time or part time job?   1 Answer

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online for VS PINK, two weeks before Black Friday, and received a call the next day to interview in a group at the end of the week (one week before Black Friday). There were four other ladies there to interview and it took 30-45 minutes. After the interview, I browsed the store to purchase a couple things I noticed before the interview; I was offered the position as I was checking out.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself, as well as one unique thing/fun fact/something I wouldn't guess about you.   Answer Question
    • Q: If I asked your last employer about you, what would they say is your biggest strength? ...your greatest "opportunity" (weakness)?   Answer Question
    • Q: What is the first thing you notice when you walk into our store? There are #XX stores in this mall; why did you choose PINK?   Answer Question
    • Q: What do you do to keep yourself on track for your goals in life?   Answer Question
    • Q: If hired, when can you start?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about a week and a half later. I had my interview that same day because it was the time that was best for both the manager and I. I was asked about my availability and what I expected from working in the store. I got the job that same day and I started the next day. They offered me to work that same night, but I wasn't able to. Overall, the environment felt good and the people who worked there seemed kind and easy to get along with.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Johnson City, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Let me start off by saying, this was a group interview. I was not informed of this and it blindsided me. I am glad I did not get the job though... Sales work...meaning you have quotas that you cannot meet and thus are fired. I interviewed here and the recruiter was rude. She was smart enough not to say anything, but her actions spoke volumes. It was clear from the beginning who she would hire. The interviewer snubbed a 40 something woman and myself from the get go as she immediately asked a new question once her thin blonde interviewee and her obvious chosen one had answered. It felt like an immense waste of my time. But I was willing to let it go up until I caught her shooting me the up and down glance that thin women give to women of size. Even in letting me know I did not get the job, they were rude and tacky. They sent me an email at three in the morning the day after I was supposed to hear back. That was the final straw. I will not be working there, obviously, but my business and the business of all my friends will be going to Torrid and other friendly establishments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to report a coworker for theft or otherwise illegal behavior.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application on a Wednesday, called to check on application on Monday, scheduled an interview for later that day, and was offered the position the next day. Interview was very laid back. More like a conversation than interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received the hourly rate I asked for but I'm pretty sure that's just what they pay associates.