Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017
1,553 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Mobile, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

Mine was a group interview of 4 but the interviewer said that they've interviewed 9 at a time before. She numbered us and gave us each a turn to answer her questions. She went over all of the basics and told us about the dress code (all black) and that they will need us mostly Thursday-Sunday because that's their busiest days. She was super nice and it wasn't nerve racking at all.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you felt like someone was stealing?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with teamwork?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about goals, for yourself and for a "team"?   Answer Question
    • Why Victoria's Secret? What made you chose this place to apply?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (El Paso, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview. Very positive experience. All interviewees were very fun!! Interview manager was very friendly. There is also a second interview that takes place as a group interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Most and least favorite thing at your last job and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview, supposed I was to have two other girls with me but one of them didn't show. The workers were extremely nice and welcoming. They asked a few simple questions. They made me feel comfortable enough to answer the questions. It wasn't very long probably about ten to fifteen minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

It was so easy! I applied online and about five days later they called to set up an interview. It was a group interview with two assistant managers. Everyone was SO nice! I would definitely wear all black.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. Laid back. The entire process took 2 weeks. Offer was made. I took 4 days to think it over. I ended up not taking the job. The hours were too long. Not enough days off.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Group interview in back stock room with basic retail questions. Had to speak up to be heard, some people did not answer questions at all. Questions were not difficult, was offered job next day

Interview Questions

• What was a good experience you had recently at a clothing store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

i got a call and went in for interview a few days later. she asked a few basic retail related questions and told me she'd call me back for a second interview in about a week..

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter asking for my interview availability. Another recruiter I had met a job fair had sent her my resume. I reponded immediately and did not hear back. I sent several follow up emails and still nothing. Finally two weeks later I contacted the other recruiter and just explained the situation and wanted to make sure that she was receiving my emails. Almost immediately after sending this email I got a response from the other recruiter regarding the interview. We set up a time. She was very nice. Very casual interview. I was told I would hear by the beginning of the week and I never did. Finally after sending another follow up she responded days later saying they were moving forward with another candidate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

although i did know someone within the store already, she really only got me an interview and of course i had to get the job myself. they called and scheduled an interview which was a group interview when i showed up. i was nervous because i didnt have previous retail experience BUT neither did the rest of the group i was with so once i figured that out i felt less nervous.
    although its cliche, for this type of interview truly be yourself and stand out in a positive way, it was revealed to me later they look for positive people who have a growth mindset.
    WEAR ALL BLACK and a cute necklace/shoes
    once i was called for a second interview employees were talking to my interviewer beforehand and were commenting that i made their dress code which put a great impression already for this second interview.
    the second interview was one-on-one with the store manager and i truly loved her and felt comfortable. overall she explained to me she remembered me from the first interview and just wanted to get to know me. We would talk and occasionally she would asked me interview questions, but they were simple questions. then in the same interview she told me they would notify me when i will train and i got the job! good luck

Interview Questions

• why victorias secret?   1 Answer
    • Where in the store do you think you will excel in the most?
      (sprays, clothes, bras, etc)   1 Answer
    • Previous experience?   1 Answer
    • what is great customer service to you?   Answer Question
    • what kind of work environment are you looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

First of all, I was told to wear my best PINK outfit, so it is okay to wear leggings, or a t-shirt, but wear anything with the PINK logo. You do not have to wear all black if the interview is not for Victoria's Secret. I had two interviews, both were group interviews. The first interview was with an assistant manager and three other girls. The questions were mainly focused on getting to know us. One question that stood out to me was that he gave us a description of all the different positions available, and asked us what we felt we would be best fit for. He let us take turns speaking, so that was nice because everyone got to answer the question. The downside was that we had to wait for our turn in the order based on where we were sitting. I got a call back for the second interview after two weeks. The second interview was with the manager, but this time there were five other girls. It was conversational, and she would throw in scenarios that happen at the job and it was up to us to jump in and give an answer as to how we would act in the situation. Sometimes she would only hear one answer, and it was hard to tell her mood or reaction just from her facial expressions. The important thing is and my best tip is to make direct eye contact with the interviewer, nod your head to show that you are listening and are engaged, and be as outgoing as possible. They are looking for positive and bubbly energy at PINK (I only work for PINK, not VS) and they want friendly employees. If they want you to jump in to answer, try to be first as much as possible because they really want the outgoing employee that would jump on the chance to help a customer on the sight. After my second interview, I got an offer the day after. I hope this helps, good luck! Be patient, confident, and optimistic!

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a young girl, lets say about 13, who is coming in for her first bra but is reserved or uncomfortable about getting measured?   1 Answer