Victoria's Secret Stores Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.7

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Communication of interview process was mediocre for management position. District managers seem to have biased approach during interview for external candidates. If you are looking for a selling associate position, a good company to gain exposure with but must 'climb the ropes' if you want to get anywhere.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview with company recruiter and then 2 with DM in local store. Questions about past team development and speaking to growing/achieving results with your team and holding accountability on their direct reports..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and the interview went well. I then talked to the DM and she told me that the company was going through changes and some people were getting moved around. She then told me that she "would definitely have open spots" in a couple of weeks. She told me that she would get back to me the following week. Never got a call. I called the recruiter back after 2 weeks of not hearing anything and she was confused as to why the DM never called me. The recruiter then told me that they had moved people around and all open spots were filled internally. Seriously? I waited two weeks for that? The DM never mentioned that all spots may be filled internally. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret?   Answer Question
    • What do you think will be the hardest thing for you to do at Victoria's Secret?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I found the interview process to be quick and the communication to be very through, which is very professional! The District Manager and Regional Manager were both fantastic, seem like great people you would want to work for!

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions regarding hiring talent, recruiting capabilities, how will you drive retail sales and overall business. Basic interview questions that most companies would ask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview process was short. Interviewed with another store manager and the District manager. The questions were not hard.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult or hard questions in my opinion   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Phone interview, second interview

Interview Questions

• Least favorite part of working at old job   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Several interviews including recruiter, DM's and store managers that would be your peer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation but was countered with a meet in the middle offer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Preety easy. Couple of tough questions but i'd say I felt comfortable throughout the process. The were quick to get back to me for an interview. Just stay focused on the overall goal and your individual goals.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself within the next 3 years of your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

A regional recruiter cold-called my place of employment and asked if I would be interested in interviewing. I emailed my application and resume and started with a phone interview. Then I had a face-to-face interview with one of the local district managers that lasted about an hour. My perception of him was that he did not portray what I thought of the brand (i.e. appearance, age, experience, etc). I then interviewed with the other district manager in the area. This interview was literally 10 minutes long and consisted of him asking me what I thought of a local sports team. I thought he fit the brand image a lot better but I was disappointed in his interview. About a week later, I was offered the position by the second district manager that I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to have an emotional connection to a brand and why is that important when choosing who to work for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He offered me a higher salary amount than I expected so I accepted without negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Charlotte, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was fine. I advise any applicant to read through the lines, take in the surroundings and management conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you stay connected to Associates and handle concerns for your management team?   1 Answer

I don't want to work in that environment