Victorian Government Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.8

Electoral Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a two stage process. The first was meeting with and answering a series of question from the Assistant Director. Following this was a phone interview with the Chief of Staff for a MP in Melbourne.

Interview Questions

• How well do you adapt to a foreign and international setting?   Answer Question

Senior Policy Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Victorian Government in December 2016.

Interview

The selection process was very fast and I received a call to interview within a couple of days. The interview took 30 minutes, involved set questions based on the selection criteria, and allowed time for interviewee questions. They called my referees as part of the decision-making process prior to selecting a preferred applicant, which was unexpected.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2014.

Interview

One HR round, One fit for purpose round. Had the HR and Hiring manager sit in the interview and ask a set of pre drawn questions asked. Some open ended questions based on scenarios and some based on past work experience. Also had an SME sit in and ask questions from a project point of view.

Interview Questions

• What has been your experience working for the public sector.   1 Answer

Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2014.

Interview

Standard experience based interview, with a panel of two asking interview questions. A good overview was provided on the role, the organisation structure and the process of the interview itself. Enough time was given for the candidate to ask questions of the panel, and in fact a potentially longer period of time was spent on this part of the process than the questioning. this was a positive experience as it certainly enabled the candidate to gain a solid understanding of the role and the expectations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were required to make a decision when you did not have all the information you needed to make an informed decision.   Answer Question

Business Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2012.

Interview

This role was advertised in the Victorian Government website requesting a CV and an application form addressing the key selection criteria.

I was invited to an interview two weeks after the application closed.

The interview panel was 20 minutes late to begin the 1hour long interview and the recruiting manager had to leave early due to other commitments.

The whole interview was rushed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you managed the customer expectation in a large change program   2 Answers

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Victorian Government (Melbourne (Australia)) in June 2011.

Interview

Standard application form. Intense assessment centre with other bright eyed and bushy tailed aspiring public servants. Beahvioural questions followed by simulated problem solving followed by specialist interview. Very thorough but not reflective of work environment.

The panel stuck closely to their script - presumably to give all candidates a fair go. Tip: try and engage in current affairs banter before or after the formal interview to demonstrate alignment with the department you're applyi ng to