Viki Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Viki Interview Questions

Interviews at Viki

Sort:

Community Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Viki in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through email. They sent me a writing test to get a sense of how I would respond to frequently asked questions from the community. Received an invitation for a 3 hour onsite interview. Spoke to three members of the team to assess cultural fit and got a tour of the offices.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viki.

Interview

1) Applied online
    2) Recruiter contacted me and sent some follow up questions
    3) Received "take home" writing assignment for potential questions a Community Manager would receive
    4) 3-hour long on-site interview with 3 members of the team you would be potentially working with. Got to learn a lot about the team and the position, day-to-day expectations, company culture, etc.

I appreciated the quick turn around, transparency, and how communicative they were through all stages of the interview process (both through phone and e-mail). My only concern was during the in-person interview. Due to a time constraint, the time with the last interviewer did feel a little bit more rushed versus the first two parts. Regardless, I felt like I still was able to speak with and learn a lot from each of the interviewers.

I'd like to note that an emergency situation arose where my originally scheduled interview had to be rescheduled, and they were very understanding and accommodated me.

Again, I'd like to emphasize that I appreciated how well they communicate and how responsive they are. They provided great feedback after the interview too.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over someone else?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viki.

Interview

2 phone interviews. One from the recruiter and another from the Director of the Community. The phone interview with the recruiter was easy and straight forward. The one with the Director was somewhat unorganized. I was not asked about my background, instead went right into how I would increase their community size. I gave general ideas as I was told the position doesn't even exist yet. I was left utterly confused and baffled. Also I could hear there were other people talking when I was being interviewed by the Director.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viki in July 2014.

Interview

The Viki interview process was smooth and very thorough. The head of HR in particular was knowledgable about the company, the culture and environment. He asked all the proper questions and gave me a true sense of the job they were hiring for. The VP of HR in particular was extremely helpful and always responded quickly to any questions I had during the process. The whole company treated me with respect and acted like I was important and needed from day one of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was about my knowledge of the Viki community. Until you are in the Viki community, it is difficult to feel and experience how passionate the team is for their product and how collaborative the people are in the office and around the world.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations went smooth and swiftly. The whole process was painless and fair. From the executive decision makers to the hiring HR manager, They all listened to what I required and came up with a fair comp plan to suit my needs and their budgets.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Viki (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was very quick. Interview consisted of initial phone interview with recruiter followed by written exercise exam that included two parts: Q&A on community support and blog post section that appeals to Viki's target demographic.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Viki and any other similar online streaming services such as Crunchyroll and Dramafever?   1 Answer

Product and Growth Marketing Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viki in July 2015.

Interview

A junior recruiter reached out to me over email. I followed up responding my interest in chatting more, so had an initial phone conversation to discuss the opportunity. I was quite shocked that the recruiter had no answers to general questions about the role -- basic things like, "where's the team at now to warrant this new role?", "What are the big priorities for the marketing group?". This recruiter largely punted questions to a follow up call with the hiring manager, which I agreed to in order to learn more. I shared my resume, but never heard back again from this recruiter - no follow up, no reason for why I wasn't being considered for the role. Overall it seemed like it was a waste of time and I'm surprised that this recruiter (initials: J.N.) isn't being trained more.

Interview Questions

• Did not really ask me anything! The call was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist- Spanish Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viki (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is as follows:

1.) Submit your resume with a cover letter expressing your qualifications and an example of a company who uses social media well.

2.) Answer a series of follow-up questions related to your experience with international media, salary requirements, and availability.

3.) Write a blog entry and respond to mock customer questions.

4.) Phone interview. This is where my journey ended. Even though the interviewer said she liked me and that I seemed to be passionate about the kind of content Viki offers, after telling me I would go on for an in-person onterview, the interviewer changed their mind.

The entire time HR was very fast at responding and clearly communicated what was expected of me for the interview. After the interviewer withdrew their in-person interview offer, HR provided me with candid feedback and has been supportive in helping me possibly find a different role to apply to.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a company that uses social media well? This question was asked three times total!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viki in September 2015.

Interview

I applied this job through recruiter and I was invited to Viki office for screening. The junior recruiter was very nice and helpful, he showed me around the office and keep sharing job information, interview process and company culture to me.
    The interview questions are average, but you need to have good understanding on fundamentals of computer science and do the best to show how you solve problems, what's your thinking process.
    The junior recruiter was very effective and followed up all the things. Anyway, it was a positive experience, especially the interview process handling by this recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viki (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2015.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and we had a coffee. He was a friendly guy and at the same time professional. I can feel that Viki has a pretty good work culture because a company with good working environment attracts good people. It's unfortunate that I can't move forward with the hiring process because I was not planning to stay in Singapore anymore.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Viki.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me. I was invited in to their office for a series of tech interviews. There was a programming exam which was simple, and a lot of networking questions. You need to brush up on your networking terms and definitions and you'll probably do well on the tech interviews. I didn't hear anything back from the recruiter afterwards - not even a courtesy rejection email.

Interview Questions

• How do you check the integrity of the data passed over the network?   1 Answer