Viking Cruises Interview Questions in Woodland Hills, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.5

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a hiring manager in Woodland Hills office. We went to conference room way in the back of what looked like it was at one time a sales/telemarketing floor. There were about 200 cubicles but only about 5 employees! The interviewer was less than cordial. She did not smile once during the interview, and seemed to have no sense of humor or levity. She asked about my experience and never took her eyes off me while I answered her many questions. I think she thought I was lying or was just waiting for me to fold, or waiting for me to give some answer that would cause me to be eliminated as a potential candidate. She was, however, nice enough to give me a copy of the job duties - it looked like a great position that I could've done well in but the pay was low at $17 per hour (with potential for $18 if permanently hired...still too low.) She also mentioned that her staff had been doing lots of overtime recently because they were so behind. We talked for about 35 minutes, although it all just felt awkward. After she'd finished asking me her questions, she then stood up, extended her hand, said an unenthusiastic "Thank You", handed me a validated parking pass, and I walked out. I knew I'd lost it. And not surprisingly, they never called me back. No great loss though. I don't think she and I would have gotten along well.

Interview Questions

• Please give the normal debit/credit balances for the following items: 1. Prepaid Airline Travel ; 2. Funds due to cruise ship ; 3. Outstanding customer receivables.   1 Answer
    • Have you ever done journal entries in your previous jobs?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever done bank reconciliations or anything where you handled money or a cash register or something of that nature?   1 Answer
    • How are your phone skills? Can you deal with people who are just plain having a bad day and you have to talk to them on the phone? We'd be having you talk with our current cruise customers frequently. Most of them are older and some are downright cranky.   1 Answer

Customer Retention Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick interview with no second interview. Mainly going over aspects of the job and your own qualifications. Not too many questions asked. Manager seems a little weird but over all good experience. Position is salary starting at $41,600

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process is a bit crazy. You interview first with an HR lady who ask you question that have nothing to do with the job you applied for. After that you meet with management of air team. They did not really explain the job and just wanted to know my background.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was recruited by a third party who found me on LinkedIn after just starting a new job. There were a couple of phone conversations with the recruiter. A month or two later (with a few emails in between) I had a phone interview with my future boss. A few weeks after that I was flown down to Woodland Hills the night before and put up at a nearby hotel. At the office it was an all day affair with various executives, including a lunch interview, which all flew by in a flash. The interviewers were engaging and the conversations were interesting. I honestly enjoyed the whole 24 hour experience even though I was a bit drained afterward on my flight home that evening. I received an offer within a couple weeks!

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The recruiters are reviewing your qualifications even when you don't know it. For example, when they call you for an interview, make sure you sound friendly and professional- they're testing how you sound on the phone. It's actually a kind of phone interview but without the interview questions. If you get called twice, another employee told me that its because they either like you or theyre not sure about your phone voice and need to listen to you again.
    My interview started off with 1 manager (I think) then a 2nd interview with 2 supervisors- one right after the other. Each interview takes a few minutes but they make you wait between each interview to see how comfortable you handle the pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how good is your geography skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from one of their recruiters. I had a brief phone interview with "Karen" on the phone and she scheduled me for an interview. I went to their location in Woodland Hills and met with her for a 20 minute in person role play. From there, I went to "John" for 3.5 minutes of questioning and then to "Irena" for 6 minutes of interview time. One hour after the interview concluded, I received a call from "Karen" regarding an offer. When I spoke to her, she informed me that in his 3.5 minutes of "deep interview techniques", John concluded that I should start out as a Travel Agent Consultant and not with the regular inbound calling. When I inquired why I was considered inadequate to handle regular calls in their call center, I was told because John felt I wasn't experienced enough. In the end Viking offered me the position to handle travel agent calls and told me to think about it over the weekend. I called back the next week, left 2 messages on voice mail and when I finally reached her said the offer was no long valid! This is the most pathetic and unprofessional interview experience to date. How does a company stay in business when they don't even really interview candidates? Then when you don't get down on your knees and kiss their feet when they extend a pathetic position which is not different than anything you would find in a local mall, they get defensive. Don't waste your time with these amateurs!

Interview Questions

• Role play regarding a customer wanting to go on a vacation to Europe.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Wack

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We will email you

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Thorough and personal. They asked about travel background and wanted to get the sense I could paint a verbal picture of the places that I've seen. Asked what sales background I had.

Interview Questions

• What travel have you done? Are you aware the time is regulated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

It's different for everyone; there is no clear, consistent policy for the interview process. We have all had different experiences. Different number of interviews from 1 to 6.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You take it or you leave it and if you don't like anything their policy is, "There's the door."

Custom Air Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viking Cruises (Woodland Hills, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

It was well over 4 years ago and it was very simple. But the best supervisor that interviewed me hasn't been working there since. He just basically set up a date for me to come it. Showed up and waited in the waiting room while filling out application and then met with supervisor which didn't take more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If you were ok with the salary.   1 Answer