Viking Global Investors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Viking Global Investors

2.9

Sort:

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viking Global Investors.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. I was asked three questions:
    1. coding question
    Find out square root of a given number without using math library.

2. Database query
    It was an easy one. It required self-join.

3. Logical question
    You have three bottles and you have to test their durability. There's a 100 floor building. You will test these bottles by throwing one by one from each floor level. You need to find out at which level the bottle breaks. Find out minimum number of floors you have to go to find out the floor level at which bottle breaks.

Before these questions, I was asked about the projects that I had mentioned on my resume.

Interviewer was very friendly. They expect you to talk and scribble together so that they know what's going on in your mind.
    It was a good experience!

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview

Industry specific - you better know your industry well and what is happening. Answer questions to the point and succinctly with high degree of content. Be able to cite financial numbers/stats.

IT Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Viking Global Investors.

Interview

on-site 11 interviewers each half an hour, including data structure, logical questions, User-experience questions and casual chat.

IT Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Viking Global Investors (Greenwich, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy process filled mostly with personality /psychological fit questions. Technical portion was surprisingly simple. Have never seen a firm spend so many months trying to fill a single role which is not so technically challenging. That was a red flag to me but ignored to my detriment. They made a great impression face to face but behaved in a fairly cruel way after having sent an offer letter and set a start date. They decided to rescind their offer nearly two weeks after giving my employer notice for rather trivial reasons. They could/should have done that far sooner. They would listen to no explanation and after all the time invested by both sides in process left me hanging in limbo. not a good way to treat people. Created a very stressful situation personally.

Investor Relation Interview

Interview

went in many times, including taking a test, going to NYC and Greenwich and then they wound up not hiring anyone for the role. tough interviews

Interview Questions

• describe which issues you would escalate and which issues you would handle independently   Answer Question

Transaction Cost Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viking Global Investors in January 2014.

Interview

It starts quite normal: go through resume. Then since the role is specific and used R and SQL, so I expected a lot of related questions.
    R question:
    data types, data structure, frequently used functions such as aggregate, tapply, merge, match, order, unique, etc.
    Some SQL questions. What is outer, inner join, etc. I guess I was out at this stage as I don't know these concepts at the time of interview.
    Company knowledge: what do you know about Viking?
    Behavioral: What’s your plan in 5 years?

Interview Questions

• Didn't expect such detailed questions. They ask specific usage of specific functions in R.   Answer Question

Assistant to Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Viking Global Investors (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed three time over the course of a few weeks. The people I met with were very nice and professional and seemed to be engaged with me during our interview. I thought things went well, but in the end I decided it was not my type of environment.

Interview Questions

• Biography, intentions, career goals   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Viking Global Investors in February 2011.

Interview

Just ask one project in your resume, why financial industry, what is your strength, what are the courses you currently taking