Violin Memory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Violin Memory Interview Questions

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Violin Memory.

Interview

I was pre-screened over the phone by an outside recruiter who had prescreened my backround from LinkedIn and Spoke, then had a follow up one on one interview with the Sales Director within the midwest.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, current knowledge of flash Storage, accounts I had worked.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Violin Memory in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter via email. I thought the whole thing was a scam because there were a number of typos and grammatical errors. I was out of work so I decided to respond anyway. We scheduled a phone call, and following that, he referred me to the hiring manager. The hiring manager flew in to interview me and offered me the job on the spot two days later. No references were asked for or called. I thought the whole thing was incredibly easy considering the pay level (100k+).

Interview Questions

• Put together a list of accounts you have personal relationships at.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Violin Memory (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interviewed multiple people in Management. Series of interviews from other architects to manager to sales managers. Interview focused on skill sets and experience. I was asked to role-play as architect talking to a customer and how I would respond to questions they posed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Back and forth. I didn't accept initial offer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Violin Memory (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter. After the initial phone screen which consisted of doing some collabedit session. I problem to solve was easy, I believe it was about a fibonacci sequence. After the phone screen, I was called for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the question was related to a balanced binary tree.   1 Answer

Hardware Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Violin Memory (Mountain View, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was introduced to Violin Memory by a 3rd party recruiter who has worked with them for some time. The recruiter set up a phone screen with the hiring manager (VP Engineering), and that 30 min conversation seemed to go well. The recruiter then set up an onsite interview with the same manager within a week. I really liked the VP and knew he was someone I could work with, but was informed by the recruiter that the VP really wanted someone with storage industry experience. Not sure why I was brought in if that was the case, but at least he didn't string me along.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. I was somewhat surprised when the hiring manager asked if I was willing to debug hardware myself given this is a management role.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Violin Memory (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First HR comes in, followed by the hiring manager. After that, a number of technical interviews with your future peers. The technical interviews were not very difficult, but the whiteboard was used many times. Free lunch was provided. The biggest challenge was the compensation review with HR, but perhaps that's just because I never like those.

Interview Questions

• Explain how fibre channel works   1 Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Violin Memory (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Informal - several interviews by several interested parties during a single visit. Plenty of sales type questions - given scenarios to explain individual approach - sales methodologies and training discussed in some detail - also knowledge of the flash market - where it was going - who the major players are and how they are differentiated - who is going to be successful in the long run - will the major vendors EMC, IBM HP etc have a chance to compete effectively.